Liri Node App
Did you ever want to know when your favorite band is coming to town, or information about a song or movie? Your wish is my command! The Liri Node App will take your input, do the search, and produce the desired results.
- Clone this repository
- Run npm init -y
- Run npm install
LIRI will search Spotify for songs, Bands in Town for concerts, and OMDB for movies. The app uses the following NPM packages:
- Dotenv - keep the keys safe
- Inquirer - provides the menu system
- Axios - used to nake the http requests
- Node-Spotify-API - music API
- Bands in Town API - concert API
- OMDB API - movie API
- Moment - date formatter
- Fs - node file system to read and write to the text files
- Start the program by running 'node liri.js' in the terminal
- You will be presented with this menu:
- Use your arrow key to make a choice and press 'Enter'
- You will be given a confirmation message, press 'Enter' if you want to continue
- Enter the Search Term and press 'Enter'
- You will be presented with the search results:
- You have your choice to search for a concert, song, or a movie.
- The last choice in the menu "Run Text File Command' will read the random.txt file and execute the enclosed command.
- All of the search results are saved in the log.txt file
Demo (Click the Image to View the Demo Video)
We use SemVer for versioning. Current version is 1.0
Larry Masullo (sole author)
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details
Thanks to the Instructors and Teaching Assistants in the UT Full Stack Coding Bootcamp for their support.