Data collection of publishers' hybrid and fully Open Access journals over time
Table of Contents
This data collection aims to provide an overview of the Open Access journal portfolios of academic publishers. In particular, Elsevier, SAGE, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis, and Wiley, beginning with the launch of their respective first fully Open Access journals until now (May 2019).
These lists contain fully Open Access as well as hybrid Open Access titles, and include the following information:
- Journal Title
- Open Access Mode
- Article Processing Charge (in USD, excluding taxes)
The level of completeness varies according to what I was able to find online (see below). I will work to keep these lists updated and add to them if I come across missing information.
Where did I get all these numbers from?
Whenever available, I took the numbers from the publishers OA/APC lists. When such lists were not available, I manually added (or at least started to) the missing information, such as ISSNs and APCs.
Here are the links to the publishers' lists:
- 2019: Thanks to @dommitchell and Hindawi
Oxford University Press
- 2019: Thanks to Bruce White
Springer Nature (post-merger)
- 2019: Hybrid APCs, OA APCs
- 2018: Hybrid & OA, Hybrid APCs, OA APCs
- 2017: Springer OA & Hybrid, Nature OA & Hybrid, Palgrave OA & Hybrid, BioMed Central APCs, Springer Hybrid APCs, Springer OA APCs
- 2016: Springer OA & Hybrid, Nature OA & Hybrid, Palgrave OA & Hybrid, Springer Hybrid APCs, Springer OA APCs
- 2015: Springer OA & Hybrid, Nature OA & Hybrid, Palgrave OA & Hybrid, Springer Hybrid APCs, Springer OA APCs
Springer Nature (pre-merger)
Taylor & Francis
How you can contribute
If you have any of the missing information or spreadsheets or website snippets that might be useful, please let me know.
How to cite
Lisa Matthias. (2018, December 20). lmatthia/publisher-oa-portfolios v1.0 (Version v1.0). Zenodo. doi: 10.5281/zenodo.2459746