Emerald is a pragmatic responsive grid system in LESS
- BEM sytax
- Block-element based
- (= no floats, clears or rows)
- 1.2 kB (minified and gzipped)
How to use
Install via Bower
$ bower install emerald
Either include source LESS files into your project (recommended) or use compiled CSS.
// main.less @import "emerald/less/emerald";
Emerald grid system is tested in the latest versions of the major browsers on the major desktop and mobile platforms.
Android browser does not support
vw units. Load
emerald.js at the
bottom of the page:
Internet Explorer 8
Legacy browser are supported by grunt-legacssy.
Please note that the name Emerald does not refer to the gemstone of that name but to a diamond cut "originally developed for the cutting of emeralds."
Does it really matter? No.
This grid system was inspired by:
- v1.2.1 Fix
.e-0classes (fixes #4)
- v1.2.0 Code refactoring, fix typos, remove legacy and minimised CSSs
- v1.1.3 Fix a bug with .e-0 classes overwriting on higher devices
- v1.1.2 Fix a printing problem in FF
- v1.1.1 Hiding .grid__item in print
- v1.1.0 Add print styles (fixes #6)
- v1.0.0 Initial release, production ready