Download and configure google app engine (we are using this just to serve up static files).
- download google app engine sdk
- overview google app engine w python
- tutorial hello world google app engine w python -- note that the app.yaml file already exists in the repo you won't need to recreate this, no python file is needed we're just using the static dir mapping.
- helpful post from okfocus about getting setup
All relevant code is now located in redux/ dir, other dirs are just for reference. Push any new code with:
appcfg.py update .
Log into google apis console to launch hangout in developer sandbox.
(optional) See okfocus post about local dev.
Software overview (in dir redux)
- app.xml -- main proj file to launch app, links in js, cs, contains all html that used to be in index.html
- hangout.js -- main js file, holds pointer to db and text parser, sets up functionality once hangout is fully loaded and DOM is loaded, updates viz and interfaces with google hangout api
- speech.js -- handles voice input, interfaces with chrome speech api
- parser.js -- handles parsing and logging of words when called by speech.js and hangout.js, holds pointer to statsHandler
- statsHandler.js -- handles LIWC lookups and stat calculation
- LIWC.js -- just a holder for two large js vars which are really json objs, hacking around getJSON issues