Read the Quickstart
- Everything is an expression. Expressions can be constants, lambdas, curried functions, or objects.
- Language is blend of object-oriented and functional programming.
- Everything is immutable. State is emulated through heavy use of prototyping.
- No type system: duck typing only.
Building and Running
- Gradle 1.5
- Java 7 Update 21+
Build and Runtime Commands
||Performs clean, compilation, and test|
||Creates executable in build/install/sterling/bin|
||Runs executable and displays available commands|
||Runs Sterling main function in module|
||Translates Sterling program in source file to AST|
||Parses input from command line to concrete tree|
This will create the executable and run the main function defined
$ gradle installApp $ ./build/install/sterling/bin/sterling run sterling.example.program
- Document modification of grammar and lexical specifications