Codewars katasSolutions with tests, tips and tutorials for
Kata: is an algorithm you have to solve in any programming language you desire
Kyu: is a digit that determines kata difficulty level as well as the user rank on the platform
Node.js & ES6+ Support
Practicing katas could help you to improve your algorithmic thinking. It could also help going to interviews more confident and learning a few tricks of your prefered language. I highly recommend the Tech Interview Handbook which will help you ace your next technical interview.
There's a folder for each kata nested in its own kyu
├── 8-kyu/ │ ├── Mr. Freeze/ │ │ ├── index.js │ │ └── index.test.js │ └── ... │ ├── 7-kyu/ │ ├── Binary Addition/ │ │ ├── index.js │ │ └── index.test.js │ └── ...
This index will help you find all katas ordered alphabetically with a link to the kata folder.
✅All completed 🚧Work in progress ⏸️Paused until last WIP is completed
To update the global index run
> npm run update-index
Create a new Kata
Since the kata generator uses some dependencies so you should install those first
> npm run install-generator-deps
To generate a new folder with a
> npm run create-kata [kata link]
Since this is a 7-kyu kata it will appear under this folder as a folder with it's own title "Drying Potatoes".
Test your Might
If you want to test in watch mode uncommitted files
> npm run test-watch
- Code Linting: XO
- Code Formatting: Prettier
- Utilities: Lodash & Ramda
- Pre-commit hook: Husky
- Testing: Jest & Jest-extended
- Types definitions for Jest: Types/jest
Regular Expressions / RegEx
ES6 / ES2015
- Good Practices
tagsthat could help you in advance to know what to use. For example you could solve this kata using regular expressions.
Katas could have some issues that goes beyond your implementation. If you're stuck check the
Issues. Just click where it says
1 Issue Reportedabove the
Finally check the
discussionsin case the Instructions aren't really clear. Click on the
Discussbutton under the
- After you submit your final solution check the Solutions to learn from other alternatives. If you don't understand them you can leave a comment or check the discussions of each one. Try to learn from these solutions and improve your current one or create a Short Solution of your own.
- If you check my solutions the "Long Solution" maybe is longer than the "Short Solution" but is more readable.
More Helpful Resources
- RegEx Snippets
- Learn RegEx
- 30 Seconds of Code
- Codewars Gitter
- Algos Explained
- A curated list of code katas
- Algorithms solved in many languages
Feel free to open issues or send PRs