Telegram bot that allows people to trade using lightning network with other people on telegram, this is an open source project and anyone can create issues, submit a PR, fork it, modify it or create their own bot with the code.
Wherever you are you can start using the bot, just need to have a telegram account with a username and
/start the bot.
LNp2pBot is being developed on nodejs and connects with an LND node, we wanted that the telegram bot be able to receive lightning payments without being custodial, after some thinking we decided to use hold invoices for it, the bot only settle seller invoices when each party is ok with it and right after that moment the bot pays the buyer's invoice.
- Alice tells to the bot that she wants to sell 5000 sats for n fiat amount.
- The bot publishes a sell order of 5000 sats on the bot channel.
- Bob accepts the order for 5000 sats sending a new lightning invoice to the bot.
- The bot send to alice a hold-invoice, Alice has to pay a hold-invoice of 5000 sats to the bot, this invoice is "pending", the money is not accepted or rejected by the bot at that moment.
- After the bot detects that Alice paid the invoice, the bot puts Alicia in contact with Bob.
- Bob sends the fiat money to Alice and tells to the bot that the fiat money was sent to Alice.
- When Alice confirmed that she received the money, the bot settles Alice's initial invoice and pays Bob's invoice.
- If Alice does not confirm the operation that she received the payment in certain amount of time (initially we set this in two hours but this can be changed), the bot will send all the information to one admin and the admin will solve the issue, before the time expires Bob will be notified that Alice is not responding and Bob can start a dispute.
- Alice wants to buy 5000 sats.
- Alice publishes a buy order of 5000 sats with n fiat amount, Alice does not have satoshis, but she has fiat.
- The bot shows the order in the public group.
- Bob takes the order, the bot sends him a hold-invoice for 5000.
- Bob pays the invoice.
- The bot tells Alice that Bob has already made the payment, Alice now have to send an invoice to the bot to receive her satoshis. She can now send the fiat to Bob, after she sent the money she tells to the bot that the fiat was sent.
- When Bob confirms that he received the fiat, the bot settles Bob's invoice and pays Alice's invoice.
- If Bob does not confirm the operation that he received the payment in certain amount of time (initially we set this in two hours but this can be changed), the bot will send all the information to one admin and the admin will solve the issue, before the time expires Alice will be notified that Bob is not responding and Alice can start a dispute.
After a user creates a new order and before another user take it, the user can cancel the order, but in some cases users may need to cancel the order, it shouldn't be unilateral.
Only if both parties cancel cooperatively the order is canceled and seller's funds are returned.
If users have a disagreement on canceling or don't want to go forward they can start a dispute.
Both parties can start a dispute at any moment, after a dispute is started a human will be notified with all the information, this human will contact both parties to evaluate the situation and take a decision.
After a user starts a dispute, both parties will have increased by 1 their own
dispute field in database and after 2 disputes users will be banned from using the bot.
A seller that didn't release funds to the buyer can't open or take another order from the bot and probably will be involved in a dispute from the buyer damaging his/her reputation
LNp2pBot is an open source project. We are not a company, we don't do ICOs or dark business, we are just people that wants bring solutions to the people using the best open source money in the world. Our work depends on the financial collaboration of the users.
To financially support further development of LNp2pBot, please consider support our project sending bitcoin to lightning address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to create an
.env file on the root dir, you can use a sample env file called
.env.sample on the root dir, an easy way of doing this is just to copy the sample file to
cp .env-sample .env
You will need to have mongo installed and fill the mongo variables on the .env file, those that stats with
You will need a telegram bot api key (
BOT_TOKEN), find out more about it here.
You can route the bot API via Tor service or another proxy if you specify 'SOCKS_PROXY_HOST' parameter in .env. For Ubuntu see this
You will need a lightning network node, for this bot we use LND.
There are two methods to connect with an LND node:
To connect with an LND node we need to set 3 variables in the
LND_CERT_BASE64: LND node TLS certificate on base64 format, you can get it with
base64 -w0 ~/.lnd/tls.certon the LND node.
LND_MACAROON_BASE64: Macaroon file on base64 format, the macaroon file contains permission for doing actions on the LND node, you can get it with
base64 -w0 ~/.lnd/data/chain/bitcoin/mainnet/admin.macaroon.
LND_GRPC_HOST: IP address or domain name from the LND node and the port separated by colon (
Instead of setting the
LND_CERT_BASE64 variables in the
.env file, you can simply copy the
tls.cert files to the root of the project.
Please note that you will still need to define the
LND_GRPC_HOST in the
.env file as in Method 1, step 3.
Please choose one of these two methods for your setup.
To install just run:
$ git clone https://github.com/lnp2pbot/bot.git lnp2pbot
$ cd lnp2pbot
$ npm install
Here we have a detailed guide for installation and first steps using the bot.
$ npm start
$ npm test
See contributing guide.