Music player allowing a user to
- play their local library of music (on phone SD card, for example)
- browse various music databases
- stream music for free (directly from YouTube)
- sync their listening session with other users in real-time
- build playlists
- recommend music to other users within the app to easier listen to many recommendations
- Discogs: extensive library, but based on physical releases
- Default for all searches and discographies
- Spotify: decent library, but tied to who service-based choices
- migrate playlists,
- get recommendations (+ radios)
- similar artists
- MusicBrainz: robust music metadata, sometimes out of date.
- Last.FM: backup for album & artist artwork, basically a messy subset of Spotify.
- Bandcamp: something to look into
- Extensive libraries for obscure artists that host and sell on Bandcamp
- HTML scraping could give us a streaming provider here.