High impact senior software engineer with a passion to make the world a better place!
Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Mokriya (July 2018 to Present)
Full Stack Engineer
NASA [Goddard Space Flight Center, GIBS/Worldview, ASRC Contract] (July 2017 to February 2018)
- Saved our team thousands of dollars in engineers' time every week by replacing a manual QA process that took weeks with automated browser tests that ran in minutes, enabling us to iterate and ship new features quickly.
- Reduced deployment time from over an hour to <5 minutes, allowing us to rapidly release new features and bug fixes.
- Helped our team raise the bar for engineering practices and quality standards by implementing coding standards, thorough code reviews and a code of conduct.
- Created a better product for our users by shipping new features, optimizing performance, reducing technical debt, and migrating an aging code base to ES6.
Full Stack Engineer (Remote)
Sparkart Group, Inc [Contractor] (June 2014 to June 2017)
- Increased the productivity of Front End Developers on the team by creating build scripts, command line interfaces, chat bots and other tools to support their work.
- Improved team collaboration by introducing React, Redux and functional programming enabling everyone to work with the same design patterns and paradigms.
- Used React/d3 to build an app for streaming live experiment data from ISS, and React/AWS Lambda to build a web crawler for lawyers to track IP infringements.
- Saved the company thousands of dollars a month by migrating an app platform used for clients like Bon Jovi, Janet Jackson, Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood, The Immunity Project, and Space Tango, UFC from a Ruby monolith to Node.js micro-services.
Director of Media and Front End Engineer (Volunteer)
Doulos Discovery School (July 2012 to June 2014)
- Enabled staff, students and parents in multiple countries to communicate more effectively by designing and developing a bilingual responsive website with a CMS, administrating Linode servers, and managing Google Apps.
- Helped the organization raise hundreds of thousands of dollars by creating a bilingual media strategy to bring in donations using web, photo, video and print media.
- Designed curriculum for and taught a high school digital communication class and programming club.
Front End Engineer
OuterBox (August 2011 to July 2012)
- Sparked a huge growth in sales by introducing the company to responsive web development.
- Cut development times for new websites in half by using modular CSS and other tools.
- Dramatically increased clients' SEO results using Microdata and Schema.org.
Delta Media Group (2010 to 2011)