What is LocalStack? 🤔
LocalStack is a cloud development platform that facilitates building/testing of cloud and serverless applications on your local machine. At its core, it features a service emulator that runs in a single container on your laptop or in your CI environment. With LocalStack, you can run your AWS applications or Lambdas entirely on your local machine without connecting to a remote cloud provider! Whether you are testing complex CDK applications or Terraform configurations, or just beginning to learn about AWS services, LocalStack helps speed up and simplify your testing and development workflow.
We are trusted by 10,000s of developers worldwide. Check out our Open-Source (OSS) GitHub repository, or search on Twitter/Google to find out what people have to say about LocalStack. It's the modern way of developing cloud applications - we hope you're part of it!
What does LocalStack do? 🤯
By emulating cloud services locally, LocalStack enables additional features and workflows that are not feasible on the cloud.
- Save and restore your cloud infrastructure's state and data for team collaboration with Cloud Pods.
- Test your system's resilience by introducing errors and simulated latencies through Chaos Engineering.
- Analyze team usage patterns of cloud services and resources with Stack Insights.
- Create temporary cloud environments quickly to substitute for dedicated staging setups using ephemeral environments.
- Enhance LocalStack by integrating custom applications for specific workflows or development purposes with extension mechanism.
You can use various LocalStack integrations & CI providers to seamlessly integrate LocalStack into your existing development workflow. For an blazing fast developer experience, check out our Web Application, Developer tools & Lambda Tools to help you develop and test your cloud applications.
Getting started 🚀
Wonder how easy it is to get up and running with LocalStack? Here are some great first spots to check out, so as to get acquainted with everything you need to know about LocalStack:
- Quickstart: Launch a basic serverless application with LocalStack to get a hands-on introduction 🚀
- Tutorials: Master LocalStack through detailed tutorials covering AWS services, integrations, and tools 📗
- Sample Applications: Discover practical applications and use cases by exploring our range of sample projects 🛠
- Academy: Deepen your LocalStack knowledge with comprehensive video tutorials 📺
For more information, check out our documentation.
Vision & Mission 🎯
Our mission is to give developers back control over their environments and free them from wasting time with inefficient dev & test loops in the cloud, so they can instead focus on developing great products to solve the world's problems.
To report a bug or request a feature, please visit our GitHub repository. We also have a strong Slack community where you can avail community support and discuss features and ideas. For any other questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com!
We are always looking for new ways to improve the experience for developers. We welcome feedback, bug reports, and feature requests from the community! To learn more about how to contribute to LocalStack, please check out our contributing guide.
You can also financially support the project by contributing on LocalStack's Open Collective.
Join our team! 🤝
We are looking for top-notch contributors to LocalStack. If you are interested in helping us become the world’s leading platform to support efficient dev & test loops for cloud applications, check out our current open positions. We can't wait to meet you!