The JTS Topology Suite is a Java library for creating and manipulating vector geometry. It also provides a comprehensive set of geometry test cases, and the TestBuilder GUI application for working with and visualizing geometry and JTS functions.
JTS is a project in the LocationTech working group of the Eclipse Foundation.
Currently JTS targets Java 1.8 and above.
JTS is open source software. It is dual-licensed under:
- Javadoc for the latest version of JTS
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- User Guide - Installing and using JTS
- Tools - Guide to tools included with JTS
- Developing Guide - how to build and develop for JTS
- Upgrade Guide - How to migrate from previous versions of JTS
- Version History
- History from the previous JTS SourceForge repo is in the branch
- Older versions of JTS can be found on SourceForge
- There is an archive of distros of older versions here
If you are interested in contributing to JTS please read the Contributing Guide.
- Shapely - Python wrapper of GEOS
- R-GEOS - R wrapper of GEOS
- rgeo - Ruby wrapper of GEOS
- GEOSwift- Swift library using GEOS
There are many projects using GEOS - for a list see the GEOS wiki.