This is a homebrew x86 bootloader.
- Inital stage 1 boot loader installed as the disk's MBR
- responsible to load the kernal into memory
- There is no file system so it just loads disk sectors
- stage 2 of the boot sequence
- initialization code to config and startup the C-level kernal code
- turns on A20 address via the Keyboard PIC
- switchs to Protected Mode -has the GDT table included as data table
- remaps the PIC IRQ's so the do not conflict with CPU exceptions
- calls C-level kernel "main"
- contains the ISR handlers for software execptions and hardware interrupts -these service routines set up the stack and call C-level handlers
- do nothing kernal, prints message to screen and loops forever
- uses VGA console routines from vgaconsole.c
- contains the ISR handlers for both software exceptions and hardware interrupts