Manual Manager is an add-on for Alfresco Share that adds hierarchically structured documents written using markdown syntax. The result is kind of a classic help file. Current features include:
- Topic Editor with realtime preview.
- Upload images to be used in topic using Drag and drop.
- Insert select image size (auto resize) of uploaded images.
- Insert Alfresco icons and document icons.
- Template for new topics - Add a default template to repository, Site Manager can edit to create site specific template.
- Sort topic order using drag and drop.
- Topic navigation using folder structure or by auto created links in topic display to navigate sub topics or related topics.
- Direct linking to each topic
- Move or copy current topic and all its subtopics in one action.
- Version management - including full preview of previous versions.
- Permission management of topics.
- Print current topic, and if selected all its subtopics. Prints includes metadata with dates, author and current version.
- Inline search with hit preview
- Presentation mode - Create slides of topics to be viewed online with select theme and transitions.
You can watch this introduction video to see it in action.
Clone, build and install
There are no official releases of Manual Manager. But the source is here, so you can just clone and build yourself.
$ git clone git://github.com/loftuxab/manual-manager.git ManualManager $ cd ManualManager
Master branch is for 4.2. If you want to target 4.0.x version of Alfresco, checkout branch 4.0 before building. Both branches has the same features.
$ git checkout 4.0
$ ant package
This will produce
Copy this file to both
and restart tomcat.
Once restarted, go to your site as Site Manager and select
Customise Site. Add the Manual page component.
Third party components used
This add-on makes use of several external components
- Pagedown for online editor and html view rendering of markdown
- Pagedown Extra Markdown Extra Plugins for Pagedown
- reveal.js by Hakim for creating online presentations
- Markdown - the markdown syntax used.
- Alfresco - Not included here! -but you need install this add-on on top of Alfresco.
Some third party components in itself use other third party components. Check their respective site for details.
Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Loftux AB
Manual Manager is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Manual Manager is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details
LICENSE Third party
Third party components comes with other licenses.
- Pagedown - MIT License
- reveal.js - MIT License
- Markdown - BSD Style open source license
Licenses can be found in LICENSE folder.