Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
How to write an output module
Create file and class
Write minimal tests
- Plugin file in plaso/output/
- Create an empty subclass of plaso.output.interface.OutputModule
- Register it with the output module manager by calling OutputManager.RegisterOutput
- Test file in tests/output/
- Create an empty subclass of tests.output.test_lib.OutputModuleTestCase
- Write a test that loads your output module.
- It will fail initially, but running the test while you're developing your plugin gives you a quick way to see if your code is doing what you expect.
- Implement your subclass of plaso.output.interface.OutputModule
- You'll need to define/overwrite:
- You may also want to override:
- Add additional tests that test your plugin
- Edit plaso/output/
__init__.py to import your plugin in the correct alphabetical order.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.