Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Helios Development Roadmap
Below are the features currently planned for current and future Helios development cycles. Want to contribute? Grab the code and contact us! (email: helios at logicalhelion dotorg)
2.9x Development Series - Target Release Date: Autumn 2014
Helios Foundation Classes (HeFC):
"The Divorce" - separation of services and workers - will allow more flexibility between services and the underlying code that runs them
- Helios::TS::Worker - new worker code that runs Helios services that are not subclasses of it
- Helios::Service - changed to be its own base class, instead of a subclass of TheSchwartz
- Official PostgreSQL support
- Database schema changes to support HeFC enhancements
- Documentation Updates
- Expanded tutorials and reference material
- New install instructions for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Modular helios.pl - allow clean extensions w/o having to directly modify helios.pl.
- Use UIDs instead of sequence numbers from the database as jobids. This will reduce system reliance on the vagaries of the underlying RDBMS, and potentially increase performance. May also potentially allow distributed job queuing across multiple databases (which TheSchwartz supports, but Helios doesn't, largely because of this issue).
MIN_WORKERSfunctionality - specify a minimum number of workers always running, even if there are no jobs for the service in the job queue.