Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
- timer unit: change trigger fuzz from 12h to 1h (#230)
- service unit: only run if
/var/logis mounted (#230)
- preserve fractional part of timestamps when compressing (#226)
- re-indent source code using spaces only (#188)
- minage: avoid rounding issue while comparing the amount of seconds (#36)
- never remove old log files if
rotate -1is specified (#202)
- return non-zero exit status if a config file contains an error (#199)
- warn user if both size and the time interval options are used (#192)
- pass rotated log file name as the 2nd argument of the
postrotatescript when sharedscript is not enabled (#193)
configureshow support status for SELinux and ACL at the end (#179)
- make logrotate build again on FreeBSD (#178)
separate configuration files in
- print a warning about logrotate doing nothing when
-dis used (#165)
- do not reject executable config files (#166)
- add hardening options to
logrotate.servicein examples (#143)
- fix spurious compressor failure when using
- keep logrotate version in
.tarball-versionin release tarballs (#156)
- introduce the
houragoconfiguration directive (#159)
- ignore empty patterns in
tabooextto avoid exclusion of everything (#160)
- properly report skipped test cases instead of pretending success
- make distribution tarballs report logrotate version properly (RHBZ#1500264)
(un)compresswork even if stdin and/or stdout are closed (#154)
DEFAULT_MAIL_COMMANDand improve its documenation (#152)
- uncompress logs before mailing them even if
delaycompressis enabled (#151)
- handle unlink of a non-existing log file as a warning only (#144)
- include compile-time options in the output of
logrotate --versionprint to stdout instead of stderr (#145)
- flush write buffers before syncing state file (#148)
- specify (un)compress utility explicitly in tests (#137)
- enable running tests in parallel (#132)
- explicitly map root UID/GID to 0 on Cygwin (#133)
.dpkg-delto default tabooext list (#134)
- Included forgotten
build-auxdirectory in release tarballs.
- Fixed accident removal of rotated files with dateext. (#118)
- Line comments inside globs in config files are now skipped. (#109)
- logrotate now recovers from a corrupted state file. (#45)
Makefile.legacyhas been removed. (#103)
config.his now generated by autotools. (#102 and #103)
createolddirnow creates old directory as unprivileged user. (#114)
weeklyrotations are now predictable and configurable. (#93)
- Errors in config files are no longer treated as fatal errors. (#81)
configure --with-default-mail-commandspecifies default mail command. (#100)
- Fixed heap buffer overflow when parsing crafted config file. (#33)
taboopatconfiguration directive to exclude configuration files based on globing patterns.
- Allow to change default state path at build time (via the
--with-state-file-pathoption of the configure script).
- Automatically determine resulting file suffix based on the compression program in use.
- Preserve SELinux context with
- Rename already existing output files to avoid collisions.
- Import systemd service and timer for logrotate from openSUSE.
- Introduce the
CONTRIBUTING.mdwith instructions for logrotate contributors.
ChangeLog.mdinstead of the legacy
createolddirconfiguration directive preserve sticky bit.
minageconfiguration directive to specify minimum file age to rotate.
- Avoid using local implementation of
asprintf()if these functions are available at build time.
- Fix parsing of
sudirective to accept usernames starting with numeric symbols.
- Make sure that 64-bit file offsets are used on 32-bit systems.
Makefile.legacy, will be removed eventually.
make distcheckto produce a usable release tarball.
olddirusage with wildcard in the middle of path in the pattern definition when the pattern did not match any log file.
- Remove half-rotated files when rotation of particular log file is skipped because of an error during copy or compression.
- Upstream moved to GitHub: https://github.com/logrotate/logrotate.
- Add support for %M, %S and %V in "dateext" directive.
- Fix bad filename in subject of email when "compress" and "maillast" is used.
- Allow rotating files created before 1996.
- Fix compilation errors on NetBSD caused by "array subscript has type 'char' in config.c".
- Fix matching subdirectories on BSD systems for patterns like "*/log" in situation where logrotate tried to match "foo/log" even when "foo" has not been a directory.
- Fix logging dates in debug messages.
- Remove state file entries for logs which do not exist and have not been rotated for more than a year.
- Fix poor performance with big state file.
- Support logging to syslog by using '-l syslog'.
- Allow running test-suite using dash.