An asynchronous, callback-based Http client for Android built on top of Apache's HttpClient libraries.
- Make asynchronous HTTP requests, handle responses in anonymous callbacks
- HTTP requests happen outside the UI thread
- Requests use a threadpool to cap concurrent resource usage
- GET/POST params builder (RequestParams)
- Multipart file uploads with no additional third party libraries
- Tiny size overhead to your application, only 19kb for everything
- Automatic smart request retries optimized for spotty mobile connections
- Automatic gzip response decoding support for super-fast requests
- Optional built-in response parsing into JSON (JsonHttpResponseHandler)
- Optional persistent cookie store, saves cookies into your app's SharedPreferences
You can now integrate this library in your project via Maven. There are available two kind of builds.
Maven URL: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/ GroupId: com.loopj.android ArtifactId: async-http-client Version: 1.4.5-SNAPSHOT Packaging: JAR or AAR
releases, maven central
Maven URL: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ GroupId: com.loopj.android ArtifactId: android-async-http Version: 1.4.4 Packaging: JAR or AAR
Full details and documentation can be found on the project page here: