LoRa APRS iGate
The LoRa APRS iGate will work with very cheep hardware which you can buy from amazon, ebay or aliexpress. Try it out and be part of the APRS network.
Blog posts and Youtube videos from other Hams
- Manuel Lausmann - iGate & Tracker (youtube - german) 04.06.2021
- Manuel Lausmann - Installationsanleitung als PDF (PDF - german) 04.06.2021
- OE1ROT (blog post - german) 14.11.2020
- DL7AG (blog post - german) 08.11.2020
- Manuel Lausmann - iGate (youtube - german - OLD) 06.11.2020
- Manuel Lausmann - Tracker (youtube - german - OLD) 02.11.2020
- OE1ROT (blog post - german) 09.12.2019
feel free to add yours or create a ticket if you want to be added.
You can use one of the Lora32 boards without changings:
- Heltec WiFi LoRa 32 V1 (433MHz SX1278)
- Heltec WiFi LoRa 32 V2 (433MHz SX1278)
- TTGO LoRa32 V1 (433MHz SX1278)
- TTGO LoRa32 V2 (433MHz SX1278)
- TTGO LoRa32 V2.1 (433MHz SX1278)
- TTGO T-Beam V0.7 (433MHz SX1278)
- TTGO T-Beam V1 (433MHz SX1278)
- Tracker D from OE1ACM and OE1CGC
- and sure many more...
Here are some amazon-de links for some example boards:
This boards cost around 20 Euros, they are very cheap and perfect for an LoRa iGate. Keep in minde: you need a 433MHz version!
Compiling and configuration
There is a german quick start page! Take a look ;)
There is a french quick start page! Take a look ;)
How to compile
The best success is to use PlatformIO (and it is the only platform where I can support you).
- Go to PlatformIO download and install the IDE.
- If installed open the IDE, go to the left side and klick on 'extensions' then search for 'PatformIO' and install.
- When installed click 'the ant head' on the left and choose import the project on the right.
- Just open the folder and you can compile the Firmware.
- You can find all nessesary settings to change for your configuration in data/is-cfg.json.
- To upload it to your board you have to do this via Upload File System image in PlatformIO!
- To find the 'Upload File System image' click the PlatformIO symbol (the little alien) on the left side, choos your configuration, click on 'Platform' and search for 'Upload File System image'.
Branches in this repository and version system
This firmware is developed in a rolling release system: everyday a new release could be created. But there are still rules where new pull requests has to go and and how the version system looks like.
If the develop branch is stable enough for a new release it will be merged with a pull request to the master branch and a new version will be generated.
The versions are based on this settings:
- major: the current year (2 digits)
- minor: the current week of the year
- patch: if there is a important fix for an release, just increment the number, otherwise 0
example: a new release will be created on the 11/14/2020, this version numbers will be used:
- major: 20
- minor: 46
- patch: 0
so the version will be: 20.46.0
- show time until next beaconing
- show login issues from IS server
- add better OLED library to support multiple different OLEDs
- add support to turn OLED on, off and dimming
- add support for temperature chips (BMExxx)
- add FTP server support to upload configuration
- add web server for configuration and other things
- add statistics for received packages
- show received packages on a map
Look at my other project: a LoRa Tracker
Here are some peculiarities of the different boards
- TTGO T-Beam V1
When adding a 0,96" OLED display direct to the board you have to be careful, there are two different pinout versions on the market. For direct mount you need a display with this Pinout -> VCC - GND - SCL - SDA. A direct mount of the other display is not possible without damage the display! The 'wrong' display works too but you have to change VCC and GND by wire !
feel free to add hints!