DELT, or Double Entry Learning Tool, is a web application aimed to teach students the basic principles of accounting and/or bookkeeping.
A student who wishes to practice with double entry accounting systems will be able to do that using this application, where they can:
- manage an existing firm (if shared), or create a new one
- import and edit a chart of accounts
- post new journal entries
- see the ledger
- export data to a spreadsheet for further analysis
The application is internationalized, both in the user interface and in the sense that account names can be declared in more than one language. This way, students will be able to use account names in their own language but see the ledger with the names in another language, if they wish so.
The application is developed in PHP, using the Yii framework.
DELT is released under the terms of GNU Affero General Public License http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html.
DELT uses pieces of software that are subject to different licenses.
Here's a list:
- Yii-user (BSD License)
- HOauth (GNU GPL v3)
- Parsedown (MIT License)
- XActionMenu and XBatchMenu
- JQuery (https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/master/LICENSE.txt)
- RemarkJS (https://github.com/gnab/remark/blob/develop/LICENSE)
- JS Calculator (MIT License)
- Accounting JS (https://github.com/openexchangerates/accounting.js/blob/master/license)
- CookieMonster (https://github.com/bizley-code/Yii-CookieMonster/blob/master/LICENSE)
Most of the German L10N work has been done in 2017 by some students of ITSSE "Mattiussi" of Pordenone, Italy, coordinated by prof. Francesca Benetazzo:
- Sharon Copat
- Dario Deplano
- Giulio Felici
- Eleonora Felletti
- Bianca Jugaru
- Marco Santarossa
- Martina Qyshka
- Giada Tesan
- Giovanni Zanardo
- Chiara Zoia
Some other students contributed in the year 2019, coordinated by prof. Federico Collaoni:
- Cristian B.
- Andrea C.
- Lorenzo D.
- Marco G.
- Sofia M.
- Thomas P.
- Alessia T.
DELT is currently used online at http://learndoubleentry.org