Nuget at work
Clone this wiki locally
Convened by Garo Yeriazarian (@garoyeri)
NuGet can be used to share work between teams in the Enterprise. Treat it like a binary packaging / sharing system to collaborate between teams. Share common libraries.
- NuGet Gallery
- ProGet : internal enterprise NuGet hosting, multiple package feeds, LDAP integration, SymbolServer integration (host your PDB files outside your packages)
- MyGet : NuGet package feed hosting on the Internet
- TeamCity : acts as a NuGet server for any build that has a .nupkg artifact.
- Octopus Deploy : uses NuGet as a unit of deployment
- NuDoc : documentation of nuget packages (XML)
- Microsoft Curated Feed - info
- This project uses NuGet as a plugin manager
- NuGet Status : interesting statistics and information about a package repository
- Taking NuGet to the Enterprise
Alternative approaches for common code in a shared library
- Git submodule : peg a folder against a particular commit, use *\.cs in your .csproj file to automatically include all files in the subfolder (although VS loves to blast this away if you try to manipulate this folder in the Solution Explorer.
- Code only packages : use NuGet to inject internal-only code helpers or things that are too small to be their own assembly. Don't expose these outside the assembly or you could have versioning issues.