Source code for my blog, built using the Gatsby static site generator.
I used a few different technologies to style this site:
- normalize.css is used to give a more consistent starting point.
- Typography.js is used to set up the basis for things like font sizes and margins.
- styled-components is used for a taste of some sweet CSS-in-JS controversy. Oh, and I used it for styling everything else too.
The header / banner uses Trianglify to generate a new cool background every time it is re-rendered.
The version of Trianglify that's used on this site is my own fork.
The fork removes a lot of the rendering functionality provided by the original library.
I found this to be necessary as Gatsby was not able to bundle static binaries.
Essentially, the fork makes it so I'm provided with the paths for the background and I use those paths in React to generate an
A demo site showcasing Trianglify is available here.
For typefaces, I'm using
- Spectral as my main font (serif);
- Lato as my secondary font used on headings, buttons, etc (sans-serif);
- Fira Mono as the monospace font used in code blocks and inline code.