Download zoomable images
Dezoomify downloads images from online zoomable image interfaces. It works with several zoomable image tools, from several different websites (see the list below).
The URL of a webpage containing a zoomable image viewer.
An image that you can download (by right-clicking on it, and choosing Save Image as...).
If you are not interested in the source code and just want to assemble tiles of (dezoomify) a zoomify-powered image, go there : unzoomify an image
If you have problems while downloading an image, then read the FAQ.
Your bug reports and feature requests are welcome! Please go the the Github issue page of the project, and explain your problem. Please be clear, and give the URL of the page containing the image dezoomify failed to process.
Supported zoomable image formats
The following formats are supported by dezoomify:
- Zoomify : Most common zoomable image format. dezoomify used to support only this, hence the name.
- National Gallery : The national gallery uses its own zoomable image format.
- Deep Zoom : Zoomable image format created by Microsoft. Dezoomify has a special support for the following websites that use Deep Zoom:
- The British Library
- The World Digital Library (WDL)
- Polona, the Polish Digital National Library
- BALaT, Belgian Art Links and Tools
- Zoomify single-file format : Less common format used by zoomify, where all tiles are in a single .pff file, and are queried through a java servlet.
- XLimage, a zoomable image format developed by an Italian company. It is used on the following websites:
- The Royal Library of Belgium
- TopViewer, also named Memorix Maior picture viewer used on the following websites:
- daguerreobase, a collection of daguerreotypes.
- Several dutch websites developed by the company picturae.
- Artsy, an art website.
- krpano Panorama Viewer, mainly used in panoramic images and interactive virtual tours.
- The Tretiakov gallery, official website of the Третьяковская галерея (in Moscow).
- FSI Viewer, zoomable image server by NeptuneLabs GmbH.
Dezoomify also has a generic dezoomer. If the zoomable image format is simple enough, you just have to enter a pattern of tile URL, and dezoomify will be able to work with it.
<canvas> tag), and only the network-related stuffs on the server side. The only little piece of server-side code that remains in the code is just a proxy, used to circumvent the same-origin policy.
on your server to run dezoomify.
This script on wikimedia : Zoomify in the help about zoomable Images on wikimedia
Copyright © 2011-2017 Lovasoa
This file is part of Dezoomify.
Dezoomify is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Dezoomify is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Dezoomify; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA*/