remake of the classic game, with dueling possible
SUPERCEDED BY https://github.com/lowagner/bitbox-boredgames please go there.
dpad is all you need to get moving, but if you want fine grained control...
start pauses the game. pressing buttons while paused, besides start, will modify the game.
- up/down: speeds up/down the snakes
- right/left: adds more/less food to the screen
- Y: changes topography between torus and edges-will-kill-you.
- X: toggles single-player only mode
- B: changes gun mode. fire a bullet with B in game if you toggle guns on.
- guns 0: no guns
- guns 1-2-3: bullets shoot slowly-fast-faster
- R/L: increases/decreases starting snake size
- select: takes a picture of the current screen, saves it to SNAKEXXX.PPM.
if you want to see the variables you are modifying, you can do so by pressing R+start.
in game, once you hit R+start, you lose your saved progress, and the game restarts (after unpausing). (this is because the screen itself encodes the game state, so displaying other information will corrupt the game state.)
the option/intro screen above, and other in-game screenshots below:
Super secret chiptune editor
Press L+start to get to the chiptune editor. See the 16 wiki for commands and how to create a song.