This repo contains the website of the London Ruby User Group. It is deployed to http://lrug.org.
- Ruby - the current version is declared in the
rubydeclaration in the
Gemfilefile in the repo.
- Bundler - the most current version available is likely to be best,
but you can check the exact version in the
BUNDLED_WITHstatement at the bottom of the
Gemfile.lockfile in the repo
- Other dependencies are installed by bundler based on the contents of the
Gemfile.lockfiles in the repo.
It's a standard middleman app so:
- Clone the repo locally
- Install dependencies with
- Run the application locally with
bundle exec middleman
Fork the repo and create a Pull Request with your changes. More info in our contributing guidelines.
Commits to master are automatically deployed to the live site.
On branches the deploy script simply runs
bundle exec middleman build and
reports success or failure with that process. On the master branch it also
deploys the website as follows:
- travis runs
bundle exec middleman build
- travis zips up the
publicfolder generated by this build
- travis uploads this zip as a build artefact called
lrug.org.tar.bz2on the travis-release branch of this repo (replacing any existing artefact with the same name).
- travis makes a web request to our deploy script which
is hosted at:
- the deploy script downloads the
lrug.org.tar.bz2build artefact from the travis-release branch on github, unpacks it and copies it into the right location on the webserver