- Several fixes in the documentation.
- Added a prefixed redis client in :class:`stdnet.lib.redis.PrefixedRedis`.
- 600 regression tests with 92% coverage.
- Tested with redis 2.6.0-rc6.
- Several fixes in the documentation.
- Added an asynchronous connection class for Redis. It requires pulsar concurrent framework.
- Lua script for univariate timeseries. This means the standard redis distribution works with the :class:`stdnet.odm.TS` structure.
- Serialisation works for :attr:`stdnet.odm.ManyToMany.through` models via the :func:`stdnet.odm.all_models_sessions` function (issue #48).
- 587 regression tests with 91% coverage.
- It requires redis 2.6 or higher.
- Some backward incompatible changes in the API and database schema.
- The orm module has been renamed odm for object data mapper. This was a painful change with the vast majority of files affected. But it is better to get terminology right at this stage rather than later.
- Tons of new features including a richer query API, improved performance via custom query options, more flexible transactions and lua scripting for redis and a new C redis parser shipped with the library.
- Redesign of :class:`stdnet.odm.ManyToManyField` which now uses a through model for building many to many relationships. This is the only backward incompatible change both in terms of API and database scema.
- Added :class:`stdnet.odm.CompositeIdField` to handle situations where each combination of given set of :class:`stdnet.odm.Field` must be unique.
- If you have cython installed in your python path, the setup.py script will build C extension for a new :ref:`redis parser <redis-parser>`.
- Added ability to filter and search on :class:`stdnet.odm.ForeignKey` fields.
- Added :class:`stdnet.odm.Session` for managing transactions in the object data mapper.
- Moved structures from :mod:`stdnet.backends` to the :mod:`stdnet.odm` module.
- Added :meth:`stdnet.odm.Query.load_only` and :meth:`stdnet.odm.Query.dont_load` methods for loading a subset of a model fields. This can improve performance by reducing the amount of data transferred from the server to the client. Check the :ref:`performance tips <performance-loadonly>` regarding the new feature.
- Added :meth:`stdnet.odm.Query.load_related` for loading related fields of a queryset with a single database query. This can have huge :ref:`performance benefits <performance-loadrelated>` when you know you are going to access the related field in your model.
- Fixed bug in related managers. The exclude method was not implemented.
- :class:`stdnet.odm.PickleObjectField` uses the pickle protocol 2 for compatibility between python 2 and python 3.
- Refactored the save and delete method of model instances.
- Added :meth:`stdnet.odm.StdModel.tojson` method for obtaining JSON representation of model instances.
- Indexes for :class:`stdnet.odm.ForeignKey` fields are stored at sets with keys obtained from the field attrname rather than name.
- Added :meth:`stdnet.odm.StdModel.clone` method for cloning model instances.
- Refactored :ref:`transactions <model-transactions>` to be used with :ref:`remote data structures <model-structures>` and :ref:`structured fields <model-field-structure>`.
- pulsar or nose are required to run the test suite and unittest2 is required if using python 2.6.
- Moved the contrib module to :mod:`stdnet.apps`.
- Added :mod:`stdnet.utils.dates`.
- Added :mod:`stdnet.utils.path`.
- Added a Lua test suite for testing stand alone scripts. Requires lunatest.
- PEP 386-compliant version number.
- 573 regression tests with 90% coverage.
- Critical bug fix in delete method when a model has no indices.
- Critical bug fix in :class:`stdnet.odm.ManyToManyField` which was causing the model delete method to crash.
- 297 regression tests.
- This is a minor release which brings an improved documentation, better support for the :class:`stdnet.odm.JSONField` and some minor bug fixes.
- Test suite parsing is done using the new python argparse module since the optparse is now deprecated. Check :ref:`running tests <runningtests>` for more information.
- Started work on lua extensions and added a development test tag script.
- Added google analytics to the documentation web site.
- The instance validation algorithm catches :class:`stdnet.FieldValueError` exceptions and stores them into the errors dictionary.
- Fixed bug in :class:`stdnet.odm.Field` when using default values. Default values are regenerated if missing during the saving algorithm.
- Refactored redisinfo for a better redis monitor.
- 297 regression tests with 78% coverage.
- New database schema incompatible with previous versions.
- This is a major release which brings into production a vast array of important new features including an improved database schema.
- :class:`stdnet.odm.StdModel` instances are mapped into separate redis hash tables with fields given by the model field names and values given by the instance field values.
- Implemented two types of sorting: Implicit by the :class:`stdnet.odm.Metaclass` attribute ordering. When using this route, items are stored in the database in a sorted fashion, therefore no overhead is required for the sorting step. Explicit by using the sort_by method in a :class:`stdnet.odm.query.QuerySet` object. Check the :ref:`sorting <sorting>` documentation for more information.
- Unique fields (fields with :attr:`stdnet.odm.Field.unique` set to True) are now indexed via redis hash tables which maps the field value to the object id. Previously they were stored in keys. This solution reduces the memory footprint and the number of keys used.
- Added :ref:`transaction support <model-transactions>`. This way model instances are always consistent even when redis shuts down during an update. Transactions are also useful when updating several instances at once.
- Added support for hiredis. If installed it will be used as default redis parser.
- Added :ref:`serialization utilities <serialize-models>` for saving model data in JSON or CSV format. Custom serialization algorithms can be added to the library.
- Data encoders have been moved to the :mod:`stdnet.utils.encoders` module. There are four available, a dummy one (no encoding), Default to and from unicode and bytes, Bytes to and from bytes, PythonPickle to and from object and their pickle (bytes) representation and Json to and from structures and bytes.
- Added as_string parameter to :class:`stdnet.odm.JSONField` for specifying the storage method.
- Moved testing functions into the :mod:`stdnet.test` module.
- Added hidden attribute to :class:`stdnet.odm.Field`. Used in the search algorithm.
- Reorganized and expanded documentation.
- Bug fix in :class:`stdnet.odm.PickleObjectField` field.
- 289 regression tests with 78% coverage.
- Several new features, some important bug fixes and more tests.
- Added :func:`stdnet.odm.from_uuid` function which can be used to retrieve a model instance from its universally unique identifier.
- Added pickle support to models. The __getstate__ method return a tuple containg id and a dictionary representation of scalar fields (obtained from the todict method).
- Bug Fix in :class:`stdnet.odm.JSONField`.
- Added tests for timeseries with date as keys (rather than datetimes).
- Bug fix in Backend and test suite, Redis port was not read.
- Bug fix in :class:`stdnet.contrib.timeseries`. The models were overridding the :meth:`__str__` rather than :meth:`__unicode__`.
- Added :func:`stdnet.odm.flush_models`, a utility functions for flushing model data.
- Added a new :class:`stdnet.odm.ByteField` which saves bytes rather than strings.
- Renamed start and end in TimeSeres to data_start and data_end.
- 245 regression tests with 76% coverage.
- Another bug fixing release with a couple of new functionalities and a new contrib application.
- Fixed a filtering problem when performing exclude on unique fields.
- Refactored registration utilities.
- Added :func:`stdnet.odm.test_unique` for testing uniqueness.
- Removed tagging from :mod:`contrib` and included in the :mod:`contrib.searchengine`. The search engine application has been refactored so that it can perform a fast, fuzzy, full text index using Redis.
- Added pre_save and post_save signals.
- Added pre_delete and post_delete signals.
- Bug fix on disptach module which was failing when using python 3.
- Several more tests.
- 218 regression tests with 73% coverage.
- Fixed problem in setup.py.
- Added remove method to :class:`stdnet.odm.ManyToManyField` and fixed a bug on the same field.
- 203 regression tests with 71% coverage.
- This version brings some important bug fixes with tests and preliminary work on C extensions based on hiredis.
- Bug fix in :meth:`stdnet.odm.IntegerField.to_python`.
- Added registration utilities in :mod:`stdnet.odm`.
- Bug fix in :class:`stdnet.odm.StdModel` class caused by the lack of a __ne__ operator.
- Added __hash__ operator, unique across different models, not just instances.
- Added experimental :mod:`stdnet.contrib.searchengine` application. Very much alpha.
- Added scorefun callable in structures to be used in OrderedSet.
- Added a spelling example.
- 198 regression tests (including timeseries) with 71% coverage.
- Mainly bug fixes, documentations and more tests (improved coverage).
- Modified the parse_info method in :mod:`stdnet.lib.redis`. Its now compatible with redis 2.2.
- Added documentation for :ref:`Redis timeseries <redis-timeseries>`.
- Added a command to :mod:`stdnet.contrib.monitor`, a stdnet application for djpcms.
- Critical Bug fix in redis backend save_object attribute. This bug was causing the deletion of related objects when updating the value of existing objects.
- Added licences to the :mod:`stdnet.dispatch` and :mod:`stdnet.lib.redis` module.
- 177 regression tests, 189 with timeseries with 67% coverage.
Ported to python 3 and dropped support for python 2.5.
Removed dependency from redis-py for python 3 compatibility.
Refactored the object data mapper, including several bug fixes.
Added benchmark and profile to tests. To run benchmarks or profile:
python runtests.py -t bench python runtests.py -t bench tag1 tag2 python runtests.py -t profile
Included support for redis timeseries which requires redis fork at https://github.com/lsbardel/redis.
Added :mod:`stdnet.contrib.sessions` module for handling web sessions. Experimental and pre-alpha.
Added :class:`stdnet.odm.JSONField` with tests.
167 regression tests with 61% coverage.
Added tags in tests. You can now run specific tags:
python runtests.py hash
will run tests specific to hashtables.
Removed ts tests since the timeseries structure is not in redis yet. You can run them by setting tag ts.
- Added CONTRIBUTING to distribution.
- Corrected spelling error in Exception ObjectNotFound exception class.
- Added initial support for Map structures. Ordered Associative Containers.
- 63 tests
Development status set to beta.
This version is incompatible with previous versions.
Documentation hosted at github.
CACHE_BACKEND = 'stdnet://127.0.0.1:6379/?type=redis&db=11&timeout=300'
Lazy loading of models via the :mod:`stdnet.dispatch` module.
Added :class:`stdnet.odm.AtomField` subclasses.
Before adding elements to a :class:`stdnet.odm.MultiField` the object needs to be saved, i.e. it needs to have a valid id.
Moved structures module into backends directory. Internal reorganisation of several modules.
Added app_label attribute to :class:`stdnet.odm.DataMetaClass`.
- If a model is not registered and the manager method is accessed, it raises ModelNotRegistered
- Changed the way tests are run. See documentation
- redis set as requirements
- 29 tests
- Bug fixes
- Fixed a bug on odm.DateField when required is set to False
- Changelog included in documentation
- 27 tests
- Bug fixes
- 27 tests
- Overall code refactoring.
- Added ListField and OrderedSetField with Redis implementation
- StdModel raise AttributError when method/attribute not available. Previously it returned None
- StdModel raise ModelNotRegistered when trying to save an instance of a non-registered model
- 24 tests
- RelatedManager is derived by Manager and therefore implements both all and filter methods
- 10 tests
- First official release in pre-alpha
- Redis backend
- Initial ORM with AtomField, DateField and ForeignKey
- 8 tests