LSST EFD Client
Utility classes for working with the LSST EFD.
- Free software: MIT license
- The client EfdClient, has several useful functions.
- get_topics: Return the topics in the EFD.
- get_fields: Return the fields in a particular topic
- build_time_range_query: Build an InfluxQL query for a topic and time range
- select_time_series: Return a DataFrame containing results of a time range query
- select_packed_time_series: Return a DataFrame with high cadence telemetry expanded into a single DataFrame.
- select_top_n: Return a DataFrame with the results of just the most recent rows.
See example notebooks here.
For more information, see the online docs.
Credentials for authenticating to available EFDs are held in a special file on disk. By default, this location is ~/.lsst/notebook_auth.yaml. The file must exist and must have 600 permissions set. To set the correct permissions execute the following command in a shell:
chmod 600 ~/.lsst/notebook_auth.yaml
The format of the file is a YAML dictionary of valid EFD names. Each EFD entry should contain the username, password, and host for the EFD. Currently, my file looks like this:
lab_efd: username: <user> password: <passwd> host: "test-influxdb-efd.lsst.codes" summit_efd: username: <user> password: <passwd> host: "influxdb-summit-efd.lsst.codes"
For information on contributing to this project see this page.