DTFoundation is a collection of utility methods and category extensions that Cocoanetics is standardizing on. This should evolve into a toolset of well-documented and -tested code to accelerate future development.
At a Glance
Contained are several category methods
- NSString - formatting Numbers
- NSURL - getting direct-access URLs for preferences and the mobile app store
Other classes simplify working with specialized data
- DTAsyncFileDeleter - asynchronous non-blocking file/folder deletion
- DTHTMLParser - a libxml2-based HTML parser
- DTVersion - parsing and comparing version numbers
It is open source and covered by a standard BSD license. That means you have to mention Cocoanetics as the original author of this code. You can purchase a Non-Attribution-License from us.
The DTFoundation.framework is using the "Fake Framework" template put together by Karl Stenerud. All categories employ Karl's LoadabeCategory hack to avoid having to use the -all_load linker flag. If your app does not use ARC yet (but DTFoundation does) then you also need the -fobjc-arc linker flag.
- Include the DTFoundation.framework in your project.
- Import the DTFoundation.h in your PCH file or include the individual header files where needed.
- Add -ObjC to "Other Linker Flags".