Custom Flow Connector to create a Microsoft Team
The connector does not need any code. It just leverages the Microsoft Graph API with the help of an Open API 2.0 specification (swagger file).
1. Register App in Azure Portal
- Regiser an new Azure AD App in you Azure AD
- Add the Microsoft Graph permission for delegated "Read and write all groups" (Group.ReadWrite.All) and "Access user's data anytime" (offline_access).
- Copy the application id / client id
- Generate and copy a key / app secret
2. Install Custom Connector
- Sign in to PowerApps Portal https://web.powerapps.com
- Navigate to custom connectors -> create custom connector -> import an OpenAPI file
- Enter a title for the connector e.g. "Microsoft Teams - Create Team Connector" and choose the teams.swagger.json file from this Git repo -> next
- Verfiy the following settings: Scheme: (x) HTTPS; Host: "graph.microsoft.com"; Base URL "/" and continue
- As authentication type choose "OAuth 2.0"
- Select "Generic Oauth 2" as Identity provider
- Client Id -> paste from step 1
- Client secrret -> paste from step 1
- Authorization URL: "https://login.microsoftonline.com/_yourtenant_.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/v2.0/authorize"
- Token URL: "https://login.microsoftonline.com/_yourtenant_.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/v2.0/token"
- Refresh URL: ""https://login.microsoftonline.com/_yourtenant_.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/v2.0/token"
- Scope: "Group.ReadWrite.All"
- Create the connector
- Navigate to the secuirty tab again and copy the "Redirect URL" and register URL as Reply URL in your Azure AD App within the Azure Portal
3. Try it!
Before you can create a team you have to create an unfiied group. Use the "Azure AD - Create Group" action to create Unfified Group and use the ID to create the Team.