Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
This page is the index of documentation resources for LuaRocks. If you don't find the answers to your questions here, contact us on the Gitter chat-room!
Table of Contents
If you're just getting started with LuaRocks, these are things you probably want to read first:
- To install, choose the one appropriate for your platform:
- Using LuaRocks
- Creating a rock - for Lua developers who want to make their code available through LuaRocks.
- Recommended practices for Makefiles - things Lua module authors can do to their Makefiles to improve portability and ease of packaging.
- Creating a Makefile that plays nice with LuaRocks - like the above, but in tutorial form.
- Creating LuaRocks with GNU autotools - some pointers to automating the creation of LuaRocks for your GNU autotools-based projects
These pages explain some concepts about LuaRocks:
- Types of rocks - What are rocks: source rocks, binary rocks...
- Rocks repositories - rocks servers and rocks trees are rocks repositories.
- Dependencies - How LuaRocks understands dependencies.
- Using LuaRocks - How to use LuaRocks once it is installed and configured.
- Namespaces - How LuaRocks understand namespaces (as in `luarocks install account/rock`)
File formats - Reference on the various files used by LuaRocks.
Rockspec format - Rockspecs are the files which contain rules explaining how rocks are built and installed as well as their dependencies and other metadata.
- Platform overrides - How to add platform-specific parts in rockspecs.
- Config file format - The specification of the LuaRocks configuration file format, as it takes shape.
- Manifest file format - The index file that describes a LuaRocks servers and trees.
- Rock file format - Reference to the .rock file format: the installable packages produced from rockspecs.
- Rockspec format - Rockspecs are the files which contain rules explaining how rocks are built and installed as well as their dependencies and other metadata.
- File locations - The various locations of files installed and used by LuaRocks.
- LuaRocks through a proxy - Configuring HTTP/FTP proxies for use with LuaRocks.
- Development - Documentation related to the development of LuaRocks itself.
- On LuaRocks:
- Gitter chat-room - for all things LuaRocks!
- On Lua:
- On LuaJIT:
- LuaJIT mailing list - for LuaJIT-specific discussion
- LuaRocks: fostering an ecosystem for Lua modules, presented by Hisham Muhammad at FOSDEM 2015, Brussels, Belgium
- What's new in LuaRocks, presented by Hisham Muhammad at the Lua Workshop 2014, Moscow, Russia
- LuaRocks - past, present and future, presented by Hisham Muhammad at the Lua Workshop 2013, Toulouse, France
- LuaRocks 2.0, presented by Hisham Muhammad at the Lua Workshop 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- LuaRocks: o sistema de pacotes de extensão para a linguagem Lua, presented by Hisham Muhammad at FISL 9.0 - IX International Forum on Free Software, Porto Alegre, Brazil