This page is the index of documentation resources for LuaRocks. If you don't find the answers to your questions here, contact us on the Gitter chat-room!
Table of Contents
If you're just getting started with LuaRocks, these are things you probably want to read first:
- To install, choose the one appropriate for your platform:
- Using LuaRocks
- Creating a rock - for Lua developers who want to make their code available through LuaRocks.
- Recommended practices for Makefiles - things Lua module authors can do to their Makefiles to improve portability and ease of packaging.
- Creating a Makefile that plays nice with LuaRocks - like the above, but in tutorial form.
- Creating LuaRocks with GNU autotools - some pointers to automating the creation of LuaRocks for your GNU autotools-based projects
These pages explain some concepts about LuaRocks:
- Types of rocks - What are rocks: source rocks, binary rocks...
- Rocks repositories - rocks servers and rocks trees are rocks repositories.
- Dependencies - How LuaRocks understands dependencies.
- Using LuaRocks - How to use LuaRocks once it is installed and configured.
- Namespaces - How LuaRocks understand namespaces (as in `luarocks install account/rock`)
File formats - Reference on the various files used by LuaRocks.
Rockspec format - Rockspecs are the files which contain rules explaining how rocks are built and installed as well as their dependencies and other metadata.
- Platform overrides - How to add platform-specific parts in rockspecs.
- Config file format - The specification of the LuaRocks configuration file format, as it takes shape.
- Manifest file format - The index file that describes a LuaRocks servers and trees.
- Rock file format - Reference to the .rock file format: the installable packages produced from rockspecs.
- Rockspec format - Rockspecs are the files which contain rules explaining how rocks are built and installed as well as their dependencies and other metadata.
- File locations - The various locations of files installed and used by LuaRocks.
- LuaRocks through a proxy - Configuring HTTP/FTP proxies for use with LuaRocks.
- Development - Documentation related to the development of LuaRocks itself.
- On LuaRocks:
- Gitter chat-room - for all things LuaRocks!
- On Lua:
- On LuaJIT:
- LuaJIT mailing list - for LuaJIT-specific discussion
- LuaRocks: fostering an ecosystem for Lua modules, presented by Hisham Muhammad at FOSDEM 2015, Brussels, Belgium
- What's new in LuaRocks, presented by Hisham Muhammad at the Lua Workshop 2014, Moscow, Russia
- LuaRocks - past, present and future, presented by Hisham Muhammad at the Lua Workshop 2013, Toulouse, France
- LuaRocks 2.0, presented by Hisham Muhammad at the Lua Workshop 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- LuaRocks: o sistema de pacotes de extensão para a linguagem Lua, presented by Hisham Muhammad at FISL 9.0 - IX International Forum on Free Software, Porto Alegre, Brazil