Vanilla API App
This application lets you manage random tasks.
Random tasks are tasks that you want to get done with an approximate frequency, but you don't mind the exact day. You want it to be a surprise for you, the recipient of the action or both.
A group is a container for tasks. On any day, just a single task for each group will be scheduled.
The Scheduler algorithm works as follows:
- If a 'rarely' task is randomly chosen, that task is scheduled.
- If a 'seldom' task is randomly chosen, that task is scheduled.
- If a 'often' task is randomly chosen, that task is scheduled.
- Otherwise, no task is scheduled.
A rarely task is randomly scheduled once every 365 days.
A seldom task is randomly scheduled once every 30 days.
A often task is randomly scheduled once every 7 days.
When a task is scheduled, an email is sent to the logged in user.
- Login with Google, Github, Facebook, etc... or name/password.
- Modify names of groups. Not just Group1, ...
- Send Whatsup, Messages instead of email.
- Specify custom email address (likely needed for Google login)
- Specify more complex scheduling rules (i.e. just on weekends, weekdays, per task cadence, ...)
- Fix todos in the code.