A countdown timer for the macOS Dashboard.
Timer is a widget for the macOS Dashboard for alerting after a set amount of time has passed. Just type an amount of time, click Start, and it will begin counting down. When it reaches zero, a sound will play and a notification message will appear in the top-right corner of your screen. Settings on back side of Timer
Hover your mouse pointer over Timer and click the small "i" to flip to the back side, where you can change various settings.
- Choose the alert sound that plays when the timer finishes. Available sounds are: Harmony, Reveal, Rooster Crow, Tibetan Bowl, TV Tone, or silence.
- Prevent the computer from sleeping until the timer has finished.
- A Notification Center message will appear when the timer finishes. (OS X 10.8 or later)
- Timer can briefly raise the system audio volume level while the alert sound plays, then return it to its previous level. (This is an experimental feature, do not enable it while wearing earphones!)
- Timer will automatically check for updates to its software.
- If you're running OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later, you may need to turn on Dashboard if it isn't on already. (On OS X 10.9 Mavericks and earlier, the Dashboard is always on.)
- Download Timer.zip, then find it on your hard drive and double-click it to open it.
- Right-click on the Timer widget icon and select "Open" in the menu. (If you don't have a right mouse button, hold the "control" key on the keyboard then click the icon.)
- Click the "Open" button to confirm that you want to install Timer.
Timer works on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard through macOS 10.12 Sierra.
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later is required for notification messages to be displayed.
- With the "Raise system volume" setting enabled, the volume will only be raised if the current volume is less than 75%; levels higher than 75% aren't raised further.
- On Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6, textbox placeholders are aligned left instead of centered.
Anyone is welcome to help build this program. Together, we can make it even better. You can help by:
- Reporting issues.
- Submitting code changes or fixes in a new pull request.
- Telling your friends about this program and/or sharing it with them.
By submitting changes, you agree to licence your work under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later.
Timer is Copyright © 2015 Lucas Bleackley Petter.
Timer is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Timer is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.