Welcome to lucene++ version 3.0.8.
Lucene++ is a C++ port of the popular Java Lucene library, a high-performance, full-featured text search engine.
- liblucene++ library
- liblucene++-contrib library
- lucene++-tester (unit tester)
- deletefiles (demo)
- indexfiles (demo)
- searchfiles (demo)
For information on building the Lucene++ suite, please read doc/BUILDING.md
To run unit test suite
lucene_tester is built using the Google Testing Framework. you can run the test suite on unix with the following command run from the repository root::
the test suite can also be run from the repository root on NT systems, but the required DLL files must manually be copied into the test binary path before executing, otherwise you will recieve errors telling you that required libraries cannot be found.
Command options can be discovered by supplying
To run the demos
Start by indexing a directory of files - open a command prompt and run
./indexfiles <directory to index> <directory to store index>
Once the indexer has finished, you can query the index using searchfiles
./searchfiles -index <directory you stored the index in>
This uses an interactive command for you to enter queries, type a query to search the index press enter and you'll see the results.
- Ben van Klinken and contributors to the CLucene project for inspiring this project.
- md5 Copyright (C) 1999, 2000, 2002 Aladdin Enterprises
- `Unicode character properties (guniprop)[http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/] Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Tromey, Copyright (C) 2000 Red Hat, Inc.
- `Cotire (compile time reducer)[https://github.com/sakra/cotire] by Sascha Kratky.