Soaplib is an easy to use python library for publishing soap web services using WSDL 1.1 standard, and answering SOAP 1.1 requests. With a very small amount of code, soaplib allows you to write a useful web service and deploy it as a WSGI application. WSGI is a python web standard for writing portable, extendable web applications in python. More information on WSGI can be found here.
- deploy services as WSGI applications
- handles all xml (de)serialization
- on-demand WSDL generation
- doesn't get in your way!!!
- Python 2.4 or greater
- lxml (available through easy_install)
- a WSGI-compliant web server (CherryPy, WSGIUtils, Flup, etc.)
- pytz (available through easy_install)
- Most examples and tests require Python 2.5 or greater
- Twisted is required for
Soaplib services can be deployed as WSGI applications, in any WSGI-compliant web server. See the examples directory in the source distribution for deployment examples. Soaplib services have been successfully run on the following web servers:
- CherryPy 2.2
- WSGIUtils 0.9