Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
NOTE: The Wiki is under heavy development at the moment (June 2016). Some information may be incorrect or incomplete, so my apologies if you don't find what you're looking for. I'll have a communication group setup soon.
Welcome to the Ludum Dare/Jammer Core Development Wiki.
Jammer Core (formerly Starship Core) is the center of the new Ludum Dare and Jammer family of websites. At that core are Jammer Accounts, which are presented in a variety of ways on the different services.
NOTE: This Wiki is about the development of these websites and services. If you are a participant in a Ludum Dare, or a game jam hosted by us, you should refer to the official website instead:
- CSS (*)
- PHP 7 with APCu
- MariaDB 10
- ImageMagick and FFmpeg (*)
- Vagrant, VirtualBox, Scotch/Box (See DairyBox)
- Style Guide
- Install a local development environment (DairyBox)
- Starting and rebuilding your local environment
- Create an event in your local environment for testing
The parts of the system
Primary and Core Services
- jammer.vg - The hub website.
- ludumdare.com - Ludum Dare themed skin of the hub website.
- jammer.bio - Your Jammer Bios and Profiles. Your personalized user pages.
- jammer.tv - Live streaming video of game jamming and game development.
- jam.mr and ldj.am - URL shorteners.
NOTE: While in development, ludumdare.com is hosted on ldjam.com.
- api.jammer.vg - Jammer Data API
- auth.jammer.vg - Jammer User authentication
- push.jammer.vg - Jammer Data uploading
ludumdare.com has these same services available.
jammer.bio has only
- static.jam.vg - Static files used across Jammer Core services.
In contrast to the internal services, static files are stored on a separate domain. This is to avoid extra cookies being sent with every request.
For debugging, once you've started DairyBox on your local machine, you can access the local website using these alternative domain names, no
/etc/hosts file changes required:
- jammer.work = jammer.vg
- bio.jammer.work = jammer.bio
- api.jammer.work = api.jammer.vg
- auth.jammer.work = auth.jammer.vg
- push.jammer.work = push.jammer.vg
- static.jammer.work = static.jam.vg
- ludumdare.org = ludumdare.com
- api.ludumdare.org = api.ludumdare.com
- auth.ludumdare.org = auth.ludumdare.com
- push.ludumdare.org = push.ludumdare.com
NOTE: These will only work on the local machine. They will not work with other devices on your local network. They map to 192.168.48.48, the same IP address as your virtual machine running on your local machine.
To test using mobile devices, see Testing on Mobile.