Flexible EasyFlash Loader
EasyFlash loader with usage examples, demonstrating a rather useful scenario involving:
- IRQ-driven tune playback while loading, and
- moving data under ROM and I/O while handling IRQ requests.
- Assemble source files with ACME cross-assembler. Version 0.96.4 has been successfully tested.
- To use the provided
Makefileyou need GNU
To create the CRT image, the tool
bin2efcrt is used. This is invoked with a relative path,
../tools: simply build this tool first and then come back to this example.
To test the cartridge in a recent version of VICE Emulator, run
x64 -cartcrt tst_loader.crt or attach it using "File => Attach cartridge image... => CRT Image...". You can also write it to your EasyFlash.
Loading under ROM and I/O directly
The "load_under_io" folder provides replacement files for loading directly under ROM and I/O, which is discouraged as it involves quite some overhead (to backup/restore $01 and the I flag).
Productions that use this loader
This loader was used to put together my EasyFlash version of Last Ninja 2.
Left as an exercise
- Refactor the project structure to make examples "pluggable" into the main loader.
- Make good use of empty areas within the first two memory banks.
- Add support for data crunchers. The drawback here is that decrunching increases loading times.