ThinkUp is a free installable web application that captures the insights and expertise of your social network by collecting and organizing replies to your conversations on Twitter, Facebook and (soon!) other networks. See screenshots and more at http://thinkupapp.com
WARNING: Beta code, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!
This is not production code. This is an early beta web application. The intended audience is server administrators with experience installing and troubleshooting PHP/MySQL hosted web applications. Right now this code is for experimentation and tinkering only. Do not run on a production server. You have been warned.
Currently we're testing a new web-based installer. Give it a try, won't you?
- PHP 5.2 with cURL and GD enabled
- MySQL 5
- A public web server. (Twitter authorization requires a public callback URL, so you'll need to expose a local dev server to the internet for initial authorization; after that the server doesn't have to be publicly available.)
Download source code
- Download the latest distribution of ThinkUp.
- Extract the zip file into a web-accessible folder.
- Visit that URL in your browser and proceed through the installation process.
Configure the application's plugins
Once ThinkUp is installed, log in and visit the Configuration page to activate the plugins of your choice. Click on each one to visit its settings page and configure any necessary API keys or other settings.
Run the ThinkUp crawler
Log into ThinkUp and visit http://yourserver.com/your/path/to/thinkup/crawler/run.php to run the ThinkUp crawler and begin capturing data.
Schedule the crawler to run on a regular basis on your server. To do so, at your server's command line,
/your-path-to-thinkup/webapp/crawler/, and run:
$ export THINKUP_PASSWORD=yourtupassword; php crawl.php firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com is your ThinkUp login email address, and
yourtupassword is your ThinkUp password.
To view what's going on with the crawler, use this command:
$ tail -f /your-path-to-thinkank/logs/crawler.log
Cron the crawler's run command to go at least once an hour. Hint: you may configure and cron this pre-fab bash script, which will run the crawler and rotate its logs:
See the script's README for more information on configuring it.
SUPPORT AND MORE INFORMATION
ThinkUp's source code is licensed under the GNU General Public License, except for the external libraries listed below.
- Facebook Platform PHP5 client (Included)
- SimpleTest (Included)
- Smarty (Included)
- Twitter OAuth by Abraham Williams (Included)
- ReCAPTCHA PHP library (Included)
Social icons provided by Function.