A Fully Functional Angular 2 Demo Application
NOTE: Project updated to latest
I decided to update this project since a lot of people arrived here from Google and other sources. Keep in mind you should use "Angular" to describe versions 2+ of the framework: It's just Angular ;-)
I wrote this demo for a tech talk in July, 2016.
Support this project
- Star GitHub repository
- Create pull requests, submit bugs or suggest new features
- Follow updates on Twitter or Github
This demo is based on puppy-love project. The features of this project includes:
- A Service definition, so that HTTP calls can be performed to display initial data.
- A custom model definition, to allow map used data.
- Dependency Injection.
- Two way data binding(Using
- Use of
*ngForinto provided form.
- Events triggering after click on a button.
- Use of Material Design components for Angular 2
The app uses Random user Generator to show initial data.
This demo was presented in
Google I/O Extended event in Cochabamba, Bolivia(July, 2016).
First, ensure you have the following installed:
After that, use
Git bash to run all commands if you are on Windows platform.
npm install -g @angular/cli
For more details about
Angular CLI, please refer to: https://cli.angular.io/
Run the project
To run the demo project locally, just install dependencies and run the application in development mode:
$ npm install $ ng serve -o
Now you can open your browser and load http://localhost:4200
Try the code, verify the current behavior. Update the code and configurations and test again!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any question.