Basic directory structure for bootstraping Django project. Use it as an example how to structure the project.
What does the project contains?
- Obviously Django project directory structure
- package.json with dependencies to Gulp 4 and Bootstrap 4
cd project npm i gulp watch # now you can edit files under project/src/app/static/scss
- HTML structure with loaded app.css and app.js files
- Empty homepage template - project/src/app/templates/home.html
- Prepared settings and WSGI files for local development and production.
- Clone the whole repository locally.
git clone email@example.com:lukasvinclav/django-project-template.git project
- Search for app string occurrences and replace them by your project name if needed.
- Create and activate virtual environment by using command below
virtualenv --no-site-packages project_environment src project_environment/bin/activate
- Install dependencies
cd project pip install -r requirements.txt
- Now you can navigate into the project and start the local server
cd project/src python manage.py runserver