Simple script copying AWS snapshots between regions.
root@whatever:/home/nvm# php ec2-snapshot-copy.php vol-abc1234 eu-west-1 Current availability zone: us-east-1 Available regions: eu-west-1 sa-east-1 us-east-1 ap-northeast-1 us-west-2 us-west-1 ap-southeast-1 ap-southeast-2 [i] Using current endpoint ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [i] Volume vol-abc1234 found. Looking for snapshots. [i] Most recent snapshot found: Thu 21 Feb 2013 - snap-1234 [i] Copying snapshot snap-1234 from us-east-1 to eu-west-1 [i] New snapshot id: snap-4321`
- execute script with volume id to copy it's snapshot
- it detects current availability zone using ec2metadata output ( laziness FTW )
- sets endpoint for current zone, checking if volume exists, if yes - checking for snapshots and picking latest one.
- switching ( in background ) endpoint to desired one, copying snapshot
- returning ID of our source snapshot copy, in new region.