Electrum-server for the Electrum client
- Author: thomasv@bitcointalk
- Language: Python
- The server uses a bitcoind and a leveldb backend.
- The server code is open source. Anyone can run a server, removing single points of failure concerns.
- The server knows which set of Bitcoin addresses belong to the same wallet, which might raise concerns about anonymity. However, it should be possible to write clients capable of using several servers.
- To install and run a pruning server (easiest setup) see README.leveldb
- Install jsonrpclib.
- Launch the server:
nohup python -u server.py > /var/log/electrum.log &or use the included
See the included
HOWTO.md for greater detail on the installation process.
Electrum-server is made available under the terms of the GNU Affero General
Public License, version 3. See the
LICENSE for more details.