LAML (Luke And Ali Markup Language)
This is a lightweight, in-progress, layout, component and application framework for ActionScript 3 SWF applications.
There are many similarities between this framework and Flex, but following are some of the differences:
- Supports (and was created using) Test-Driven Development
- Avoids Singletons and custom compilation units (like extra frames and pre-loaders)
- Tiny download footprint
- Minimize duplicate boilerplate code
- Supports workflow and views built using Flash Authoring, Flex Builder or any other ActionScript editor
- Simplified creation of skins and themes
- Supports both compile time and run time XML layout/configuration
- Component model composes DisplayObject instead of extending it, enhancing the flexibility and implications of view creation
- Support modular applications (separate SWF files)
- Applications and components can be developed using the same concepts
- Built to interfaces instead of base classes, making it easier to adapt and extend
Feel free to add some Issues as you come across them.