A repo containing all of the slides for some of the talks I have done (either by myself or with a team) at conferences, hackathons or beyond. Please feel free to reuse the slides if you like them, I don't require attribution although it would be nice. Please source any external resources used if you do (and if I have forgotten to do so)
- Arduino Basics: Introductory talk on the basics of Arduino C, the Arduino microcontroller and basic electronics. Talk is designed for somebody who has never done programming or hardware before. Talk done for the HackSoc TechFest in October 2015.
- HackSoc Intro: Slides to introduce members to hacksoc, talk done for the HackSoc TechFest in October 2015.
- HackSoc IntroSem2: Slides of a similar nature to the previous point for the second Tech Fest run in January 2016.
- Hacking Philosophy: Slides on the hacking Philosophy. Why we hack, and why it might be interpreted wrongly by the wider community. This talk was done for HackCon EU 2015, a conference for hackathon organisers.
- Intro to Scala and Spark: TechTalk for HackSoc (November 2015) introducing the language Scala, the framework Spark and basics of functional programming.
- Intro to Scala and Spark for MLE: adaption of the talk above, annexed with slides about the MLib Machine Learning for Spark. This talk was an adaption of the original HackSoc talk for the Machine Learning module at the University of Nottingham.
- HackNotts slides: Slides for a quick talk I did at one of TechNottingham's events to introduce HackSoc into the local community and promote 2 of the events we were doing. Namely HackNotts and Women In Technology.
- HackSoc Elections: Slides for the end of year elections for HackSoc. Information here includes changes to the constitution, a summary of the year and information on nominations, hustings and elections. The results of the election can be found here.