Version 2.4.0 - 24 May 2022
- Type information and relevant documentation can now be displayed on hover.
- Function signatures can now be displayed while typing.
- Added an option to confirm before closing a tab.
- Editor and output panes can now be scrolled synchronously.
- Windows and Linux have an updated UI with a more minimal appearance.
- Updated the way formatting options are managed.
- Added 'Stop' and 'Kill' items to the Action menu.
- Upgraded Node to version 16.13.2.
- Upgraded Chromium to version 100.
- Upgraded V8 to version 10.
Version 2.3.0 - 05 February 2022
- Output URLs can now be opened via cmd/ctrl-click.
- Added support for console.assert().
- Added a shortcut and menu item for toggling block comments.
- Tabs can now be closed by clicking the middle mouse button.
- Fixed an issue with the comment shortcut not working on international keyboards.
- Fixed an issue that caused the save-as modal to appear when saving a newly opened file.
- Fixed an issue that could cause line duplication when formatting code.
- Improved the way system fonts are retrieved.
- Added support for Spanish.
Version 2.2.2 - 20 December 2021
- Add ability to set tab titles.
- Add icons to theme menu
- Remove need for restart from activation/deactivation.
- Move deactivation button to Manage License dialog.
- Upgraded Node to 16.9.1.
- Upgraded Chromium to 96.
- Upgraded V8 to 9.6.
- Numerous improvements for better performance and reliability.
- Opened files now appear in a new tab.
- Fixed an issue with find/replace.
- Fixed an issue that could cause tooltips not to appear.
- Improved syntax highlighting for TypeScript.
- Updated UI theme colours for greater consistency with macOS Monterey.
- Improved handling of large files.
- Improved handling of large output.
- Improved handling of escape characters in output.
- Windows builds are now signed.
Version 2.1.3 - 22 August 2021
- Fixed an issue with escaped line-breaks in output.
- Improved accuracy of line matching in some scenarios.
- Added more shortcuts for tab navigation.
- Fixed an issue that could cause language services to not start on
- Windows machines with spaces in the directory path.
Version 2.1.1 - 26 July 2021
- Fixed an issue that caused Intel mac users to be auto-updated onto an arm build
Version 2.1.0 - 24 July 2021
- Added ability to switch between horizontal and vertical layout.
- Added a new premium theme, One Dark.
- Added a preference option to hide the tab bar when only one tab is present.
- Upgraded Node to 14.16.0.
- Upgraded Chromium to 91.
- Upgraded V8 to 9.1.
- Optimised and improved the formatting method.
- Fixed output highlighting issues for symbols and regex.
- Fixed a language service disconnection issue.
- Fixed an issue that caused unnecessary re-runs when toggling Babel.
- Fixed an issue with toolbar height on macOS Big Sur.
- Added more shortcuts for navigating tabs.
Version 2.0.1 - 26 June 2021
- Fixed an issue that caused the preferences window to be clipped on Windows.
- Fixed an issue with importing local files.
Version 2.0.0 - 19 June 2021
- Added support for multiple tabs
- Added support for autocomplete
- Added support for type checking
- Added a new menu called Tools
- Moved NPM Package Management and Environment Variable Management under the new Tools menu
- Updated app icon
- Added two new themes - SynthWave '84 and Shades of Purple
- Made Babel presets configurable
- Added a new Babel plugin - plugin-proposal-async-do-expressions
- Changed the way transpiled code is shown - it can now be displayed in the main output pane
- Fixed an issue that caused internal packages to be accessible as imports
- Fixed an issue with multi-line template strings
- Fixed an issue with regex output styling
Version 1.15.1 - 11 April 2021
- Fix an issue that caused displaying output to be slow on Windows
Version 1.15.0 - 09 April 2021
- Increase accuracy of output
- Errors are no-longer shown in isolation - where appropriate
- Improved output for async and generator functions
- Proxies and Promises and no-longer displayed unwrapped in the output
- Maps and Sets now show values in the output
- Fixed an issue where NPM would fail to install packages for some users.
- Fixed an error that occurred when opening the About dialog on Linux.
- Updated V8 to version 8.9
- Updated Node to version 14.16.0
- Updated Chromium to version 89
Version 1.14.1 - 25 February 2021
- Fix issue with opening menu windows on Windows.
Version 1.14.0 - 21 February 2021
- Add Apple M1 support
- Add builds for Linux ARMv7 and ARM64
- Add support for console.clear()
- Core-js polyfills are no-longer included if Babel is disabled
- Fix issues with menus on first launch
- Update V8 to version 8.7
- Update Node to version 12.18.3
- Update Chromium to version 87
- Fix issue #225 - output issue
Version 1.13.1 - 07 February 2021
- Fix issue #215 - unable to copy output text
Version 1.13.0 - 05 February 2021
- Add ability to stop execution of script
- Fix issue where focus would be lost when clicking on the title bar
- Fix issue where the RunJS window wouldn't re-opened when opening a file from the File menu
- Fix issue where errors from promises were not being displayed
- Fix issue where some fonts were mislabeled
- Refactored some core parts of RunJS for performance improvements
Version 1.12.2 - 08 November
- Fix issue #193 - closure issue
- Fix issue with displaying objects with over 800 properties
Version 1.12.1 - 02 November
- Fix code caching issue
Version 1.12.0 - 01 November 2020
- Add auto-scroll option
- Add ability to display instance properties and proto
- Add loading spinner to show when code is running
- Fix for bug that could cause duplicate output results to appear
- Fix for bug that caused searching for namespaced NPM packages to fail
- Fix for bug that caused removed environment variables to still be available
- Performance improvements
- Update V8 to 8.5
- Update Node to 12.6.3
- Update Chromium to version 85
Version 1.11.0 - 29 August 2020
- Add ability to match output line to source line
- Add support for console time methods
- Add support for find/replace
- Improve styling for forms on dark mode
- Add support for context-menu
- Improve support for promises
- Tabbing a selected now indents it
- Update V8 to version 8.3
- Update Node to version 12.14.1
- Update Chromium to version 83
- Fix issue #167 - JSON formatting issue
Version 1.10.1 - 24 July 2020
- Fix issue with unchangeable babel options
- Add a new theme - 'Visual Studio'
Version 1.10.0 - 17 July 2020
- Improve protection for long running scripts
- Environment variable inputs now select on focus
- Brief visual highlight for new NPM packages and environment variables
- Improve scrollbar styling
- NPM package table header is now sticky
- Fix issue #127 - nested objects and arrays are not expandable
- Fix string formatting and line break issues
- Add decorators as an option
- Rework handling of NPM
- Add support for console.table
- Replace esprima with estree for better modern syntax support
- Gutter folds now only show on hover
- Add support for matching highlights
- Make source type unambiguous for top level
- Change shortcut for formatting to Alt+Shift+F
- Add install assist for missing packages
- Add prettier formatting options
- Add sublime keymap
- Add option for auto-closing brackets
Version 1.9.0 - 08 May 2020
- Add clear option to edit menu
- Add Fantasque font
- Improve scrollbar styling
- Add ability to toggle Babel plugins from preferences
- Display sound icon when audible
- Fix issue #105 - Mute print function
- Fix issue #125 - Save cancellation error
Version 1.8.0 - 02 February 2020
- New icon - designed by Giuseppe Caruso
- Add ability to set environment variables
- Fix for #100 - Loop when formatting
processstripping - #114
Version 1.7.0 - 29 September 2019
- RunJS for Mac is now notarized
- Add ability to take screenshots
- Address #95 - process.memoryUsage() is unavailable
- Add ability to format code via Prettier
- Fix an issue with installing packages with long names
Version 1.6.0 - 08 August 2019
- Fix issue #88 - Set Work directory not working on Windows10
- Fix issue #87 - Can RunJS remember the window position/size between usages?
- Fix issue #84 - Themes do not apply except Dracula on 1.53
- Show welcome message when RunJS is opened for the first time
Version 1.5.4 - 03 July 2019
- Fix issue #85 - Set Work directory not working
Version 1.5.3 - 17 June 2019
- Enhancement #82 - Increase font size to more than 30px
- Fix issue #81 - Assigned function call on last line does not evaluate
Version 1.5.2 - 12 June 2019
- Fix issue #79 - TypeScript won't run
Version 1.5.1 - 10 June 2019
- Fix issue #67 - Output is scrambled in lines
- Fix issue #75 - Let
fswork in working directory
- Fix issue #78 - Set working directory no longer working
Version 1.5.0 - 22 April 2019
- Fix issue #61 - Settings window won't open on Linux
- Support editor shortcuts on non-darwin systems
- Add ability to toggle output
- Add update option to menu
- Fix issue #69 - multiple declarations cause syntaxerror
- Fix issue #68 - Caching problem?
- Fix issue #66 - Quitting from macOS doc causes error
Version 1.4.0 - 10 March 2019
- Fix issue #58 - console formatting bug
- Divide preference options into tabbed sections
- Add ability to choose font options
- Log NPM errors
Version 1.3.1 - 03 March 2019
- Fix issue #55 - quirky handling of string outputs
- Fix issue #54 - exception ordering issue
- Fix issue #52 - missing exception outputs
- Fix issue #50 - User defined window properties persisted
- Fix issue #14 - extra line-break at the end of output
- Fix line-number misalignment
Version 1.3.0 - 17 February 2019
- Fix issue #48 - Babel stacktrace bug
- Add preference option for loop protection
- Set Working Directory now allows for importing local files
- Add shortcut for installing Node packages
- Add new window for viewing transpiled output
- Add preference option for holistic evaluation
- Add preference option to show undefined values in output
- Fix issue #51 - incorrect syntax highlighting for strings
Version 1.2.4 - 06 February 2019
- Fix issue #8 - dialog is hidden in vim command mode
- Fix issue #26 - setInterval keeps running
- Fix issue introduced in 1.2.3 that prevented the app quitting
Version 1.2.3 - 02 February 2019
- Guard against long running loops - fixing #42 and #6
Version 1.2.2 - 29 January 2019
- Fix issue #47 function declarations are remembered between executions
- Fix issue #44 cmd+w should not quit the app
- Fix issue #36 path is sometimes undefined
- Implement enhancement #15 zooming should increase font size
Version 1.2.1 - 20 January 2019
- Prevent autoeval on start if autoeval is disabled
- Improve error messages for syntax issues
- Fix issue #37 bug in handling async..await
Version 1.2.0 - 07 January 2019
- Add support for installing Node packages
Version 1.1.0 - 27 December 2018
- Upgraded Electron to version 4.0.0
- Handle calls to
- Improved handling for
- Added support for auto-closing brackets
Version 1.0.2 - 10 December 2018
- Fixed an issue with variables declared within brackets
Version 1.0.1 - 02 December 2018
- Improved support for TypeScript