Supermarket Product Finder
Help people in supermarkets figure out where they can get that difficult-to-find product and put it in their basket. This application should be for broad use by anybody who might use a supermarket and has a device, it could even be an interface near the customer services points throughout a store – you decide!
This exercise is to work out how best to help somebody who cannot find the product they want in the supermarket they are in. They may need to make sure they are in the correct location, make sure the item is available, and then know the precise aisle it is in (plus any other info if it is helpful).
This application should be for broad use by anybody who might use a supermarket and has a device, it could even be an interface near the customer services points throughout a store – you decide!
Please propose a design for the user interface, taking into consideration how a user might search for a product, how they know they're looking at the right item, and guiding them to the product in an appropriate manner.
- Search for products in store.
- Ensuring the person is in the right location.
- Getting them to the product in a reasonable manner.
Keep in mind that these are not the only features that might be required, and you should use your initiative to ensure a usable experience.
- Good usability.
- An implementable flow for a company with low margins.
- Avoiding difficult to implement design decisions.
- Appropriate aesthetics for the demographic, tone, mobile/touch paradigms, etc.
- Insight into your process, including any sketches, brainstorms, notes, wireframes, and assumptions on the product.