Absolute is a web-based ordering platform like Siren-Order for Starbucks. We are focused on creating a platform that is portable, cheaper, easier, decenteralized, and appless.
What of v1?
There was a previous incarnation of this project. We had written it in a very quick and dirty manner that was handy because we required it as a dependency in an experiment. But eventually, it made maintenance difficult.
So, we decided to restart the project from scratch, to build it on a solid foundations after lengthy discussions. The following things are important differences between v1 and v2.
- It makes our build system simpler and we can use many syntax sugars such as explicit type and access modifiers in language level.
- SHOULD write tests in any change.
- We did skip too many tests in feature implementation. Our goal is keeping our test coverage over 85% in v2.
- SHOULD write design documents when implementing a new feature.
- We did miss too many documents in feature implementation. It made maintenance difficult eventually. It is mandatory to write a design document when implementing a new feature in v2.
There is no additional work for testing Absolute project.
Linux & Mac
- You can just run the following command simply.
- If you are using Bash style shell such as git-bash and cygwin, you can run the following command as on Linux.
- If you are using CMD or PowerShell, you should run the following command without