Awesome Geek Podcasts
Awesome Geek Podcasts
A curated list of podcasts we like to listen to.
- .NET Rocks! - The internet audio talk show for .NET developer with Carl Franklin and Richard Campbell.
- /dev/hell - Chris Hartjes and Ed Finkler are trapped in Development Hell, where they talk mostly about PHP, web, their development experiences and also with special guests.
- Beats, Rye & Types - Two old friends, discuss their three main obsessions: music, food, and programming.
- BSDNow - A Weekly BSD Podcast - News, Interviews and Tutorials.
- BSDTalk - Talking about the BSD family of free operating systems.
- Cloudcast - Award-winning podcast on all things | Cloud Computing | AWS Ecosystem | OpenSource | DevOps | AppDev | SaaS | SDN
- CodeNewbie Podcast - Stories from people on their coding journey.
- CodePen Radio - Co-founders of CodePen talk about the ins and outs of running a web software business.
- Coding Blocks - Software and Web Programming, security, best practices, Microsoft .NET and more.
- CppCast - The first podcast by C++ developers for C++ developers.
- Creative Coding Podcast - about programming for visual and creative applications.
- CTRL+Click Cast - They "inspect the web for you". Interviews with developers and designers, about design, code, and content management systems. Hosted by Lea Alcantara and Emily Lewis.
- Dev Discussions - Discussions over a wide variety of topics including functional programming, domain-driven design, and game development.
- Developer Tea - Podcast for web and software developers hosted by a developer that you can listen to in less than 10 minutes.
- DevelopersHangout - Two Developers talk about challeges, articles, news, books and other podcasts that came across their radar every 2 weeks. Laravel, PHP are two key topics, and other great podcasts like the ones listed above.
- FLOSS Weekly - Interviews with prominent guests from the free software/open source community.
- Full Stack Radio - A podcast for developers interested in building great software products.
- Functional Geekery - Functional Geeks, Geeking Functionally.
- Fw:Thinking - It's about technology. It's about humanity. It's about our future. It's Fw:Thinking.
- Get Up and Code - Get Up and Code is a podcast about fitness for programmers and software developers. Every week, John Sonmez, helps you lose weight, refactor your diet and get in shape.
- GitMinutes - The show for proficient Git users.
- HardcoreHistory - In "Hardcore History" the very unconventional Dan Carlin takes his "Martian", outside-the-box way of thinking and applies it to the past.
- Harry Potter and the methods of rationality - This is an alternate universe story, where Petunia married a scientist. Harry enters the wizarding world armed with Enlightenment ideals and the experimental spirit.
- Linux Outlaws - About anything that runs on Linux, about open source software on other platforms and many other things.
- Mind the Cloud Podcast - The podcast about the developers and companies using the cloud to create the future.
- Nodeup - A Node.js Podcast.
- PHP Round Table - The PHP Roundtable is a casual gathering of developers discussing topics that PHP nerds care about
- PHP Town Hall - Town Hall a way for PHP developers to raise questions about current events (or upcoming things) in the PHP community, with different guests each week.
- Podcast.init - A podcast about Python and the people who make it great.
- Radiolab - Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience.
- React Podcast - Podcast about React.js
- Reasonably Sound - Context, explanation and a little celebration of the complexities and awesomeness of audio, and the various cultures which surround and have grown around it.
- Reply All - Reply All is a show about the internet.
- Roots Radio - Roots Radio is a new podcast about the Roots tools, a chance for the Roots team to talk with some folks doing cool things with their own Roots related projects, and general banter about modern web development.
- Ruby Rogues - Ruby Rogues is a weekly panel discussion about programming. Ruby and technologies like Rails are what we have in common, but the discussions cover parts of the Ruby ecosystem, gems (libraries) as well as programming practices, tools, and careers.
- Ruby5 - The latest news in the Ruby and Rails community.
- RunAs Radio - A weekly Internet Audio Talk Show for IT Professionals working with Microsoft products.
- Rusty Radio - A show about the Rust programming language and community.
- ShopTalk Show - Podcast about front end web design, development and UX.
- Software Engineering Daily - A podcast with daily interviews about technical software topics intended for professional software developers.
- Software Engineering Radio - The podcast for professional software developers.
- Sound Of Symfony - The unofficial Symfony podcast.
- StarTalk Radio - Program devoted to all things space and is hosted by renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- TTL Podcast - The TTL Podcast, hosted by Rebecca Murphey, features conversations with front-end developers at large organizations about how they do their jobs.
- Talking Code - Short expert interviews that help you decode what developers are saying.
- Talk Python to Me - Weekly podcast (30 minutes) that covers a wide array of Python topics.
- Talking Machines - Talking Machines is your window into the world of machine learning.
- TechStuff - TechStuff tackles topics ranging from basic electronics to the Large Hadron Collider and everything in between. TechStuff is dedicated to demystifying technology and its role in our society and culture.
- Testing In The Pub - British podcast about Software Testing practices
- That Podcast - Beau and Dave talking about life as dads, programmers, and entrepreneurs.
- The Big Web Show - It's everything web that matters.
- The Changelog - Open Source moves fast. Keep up. Releasing a new episode every Friday.
- The Cognicast - The Cognicast previously ThinkRelevance: The Podcast is the podcast from the Cognitect family.
- The Five-Minute Geek Show - Matt Stauffer, unabashedly geeky, 5 minutes, twice a week. Frontend dev, backend dev, audio, design, podcasts--all fair game.
- The Hanselminutes podcast - Fresh Air for Developers.
- The Laravel Podcast - The Laravel Podcast brings you Laravel and PHP development news and discussion.
- The Life Scientific - Professor Jim Al-Khalili talks to leading scientists about their life and work, finding out what inspires and motivates them and asking what their discoveries might do for mankind.
- The Linux Action Show - Podcast about Linux and Open Source.
- The Loosely Coupled Podcast - Jeff Carouth and Matt Frost combine their decades of experience as web developers to talk about developer life.
- The Music Makers - The best articles from around the web, curated and read to you.
- The Web Ahead - Conversations with world experts on changing technologies and future of the web. The Web Ahead is your shortcut to keeping up.
- This Developer's Life - A podcast about developers and their lives.
- ThoughtWorks - A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
- Thoughtbot - We record and release weekly podcasts from thoughtbot on design, Ruby on Rails, iOS, running software companies, and maintaining work/life balance.
- Three Devs and a Maybe - Weekly discussion podcast on all things web development. Topics range from daily developer life, PHP, frameworks, testing, good software design and our experiences using many other programming languages.
- Voices of the ElePHPant - Interviews with people that are making the PHP community special.
- Developer On Fire - Podcast with inspiring interviews with successful software developers, architects, testers, and other professionals with stories of success, failure, excellence, and inspiration.
- WIRED's Webmonkey Podcast - Glance behind the scenes of WIRED.com with the tech team.
- Curto Circuito - Um bate-papo descontraído sobre tecnologia, nerdices e tudo o mais que a curiosidade pedir no melhor estilo "mesa de bar".
- DatabaseCast - Primeiro podcast brasileiro sobre bancos de dados.
- DevNaEstrada - Podcast semanal sobre desenvolvimento web com uma pitada de humor.
- DioCast - Podcast sobre Linux e Software Livre.
- GDGCasts - Podcast do Google Developer Groups.
- Grok Podcast - Tecnologia, empreendedorismo, agilidade e muito mais.
- Hack n' Cast - Podcast about technology and Open Source/Free software
- OpenCast - Podcast que aborda tecologias Open Source, de uma maneira geral.
- PHP Do Jeito Certo - Notícias sobre as novidades do PHP para desenvolvedores experientes e iniciantes.
- PHPSPCast - O podcast do PHPSP, o primeiro podcast brasileiro sobre PHP.
- Tecnologicamente Arretado - Agilidade, arquitetura, linguagens e ativismo.
- Zone Of Front-Enders - Podcast com enfoque no desenvolvimento front-end da web.
- 5 minutos con Carlos Fenollosa - Micro-Podcast (5-10 minutos) de reflexiones sobre TIC
- 85% Cocoa - Podcast sobre Cocoa y programación.
- A hombros de gigantes - Programa de divulgación científica.
- CAChemE - Aplicaciones para ciencia e ingeniería (principalmente Python).
- Entre Dev y Ops - Podcast sobre DevOps y metodologías ágiles.
- Ideas ágiles - Podcast sobre charlas, entrevistas y experiencias sobre la vida del desarrollador de software.
- Fallo de sistema - Programa de divulgación cientifica, ciencia ficción y videojuegos.
- Python en español - Python en tu idioma
- WeDevelopers - Podcast de developers (algunos episodios en inglés / some podcasts in english).
- DevZen Podcast - Podcast about programming, IT and related topics.
- How to make games - Podcast about video games and video games industry.
- RWPod - Podcast about world of Ruby and Web technologies.
- Radio-T - Podcast of weekend. Improvisation on the theme of IT.
- SDCast — Software development podcast. Interviews with developers, talks about development, open source and related IT topics.
- Razbor Poletov - Podcast about world of Java, technologies and software development.
- uWebDesign - Podcast about web-design, web-development and all IT-related stuff.
- RadioGeek - Yet another podcast for wandering geeks in the intersection of society and technology.
- Kodsnack - Weekly Swedish podcast about all things code, for coders. Hosted by Fredrik Björeman, Tobias Hieta and Kristoffer Grönlund, with occasional guests.
- Blogue Linux - French (Quebec) podcast talking about Linux technologies.
- Visual Studio Talk Show - French podcast talking about development with Microsoft technologies. Hosted by Mario Cardinal and Guy Barrette.
- GeekWeek - Weekly tech podcast hosted by Frederic Lardinois in the USA, Jean-Claude Frick in Switzerland und Marcus Schuler in Germany. Main topics are 'web' and 'mobile' news.
- Programmer life - Weekly tech podcast hosted by Tyr Chen in the silicon valley. Main topics are interesting github projects / hacker news topics and startups.
- DevTalk - Tech podcast for passionate developers. All topics related to dev: architecture, languages, tools, libraries, conferences, community, career planning... Hosted by Maciej Aniserowicz.
- Pocket Casts
- Overcast - An elegant podcast tracker for iOS and the web
- AntennaPod - (Android and Open Source)
- Soundwaves - (Android and Open Source)
- DoggCatcher - Android Podcast player
- gPodder / gPodder Director - (Multi-plataform Open Source and Podcast Directory)
See CONTRIBUTING for info on how to contribute to this list.