4th of May, 2017 EduMIPS64 1.2.3
EduMIPS64 RELEASE NOTES
EduMIPS64 is a GPL MIPS64 Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) simulator and
Notes for this release:
This is version 1.2.3 of EduMIPS64, a bug-fix release that follows up on
version 1.2.2, that was released in June 2016. The codename for this
release is "Angelo", to honor a dear friend who recently left us.
This release introduces performance improvements for large programs (thousands
of instructions), a few bug fixes, code quality improvements thanks to
Codacity analysis and improved test coverage.
Please keep in mind that this is still EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. It may
BURN YOUR HARD DISK, DESTROY ALL YOUR DATA and even GO OUT WITH YOUR
If you find a bug, please open an issue on GitHub.
EduMIPS64 is hosted on GitHub: www.github.com/lupino3/edumips64.
Our web site is www.edumips.org, and our development blog is
New in this release since version 1.2.2
in the browser! A very simplistic prototype is available at
- Developer guide, with documentation useful for developers that want to
- Values that exceed data types' limits are silently discarded in .data (Issue
- Parsing an invalid double should raise IrregularStringOfBitsException (Issue
- Lots of code quality fixes, thanks to the Codacity analysis
- Added more unit tests (including, but not limited to, FPU, SYSCALL and
out-of-order execution. Started tracking and improving code coverage
- Fixed a flaky unit test (#125)
- Added typed configuration keys (#130)
- Removed all uses of the Singleton design pattern (Issue #83)
- CRLF bug on windows (Issue #95)
- The code size should not take into account BUBBLE instructions (Issue #84)
- Better dependency handling (Issue #74)
- Fixed handling of the %% placeholder in the parser
- Fix no-GUI execution (#133) - the GUI is correctly not updated if the "sync"
option is disabled.
- Fix CycleBuilder bug when the same instruction is in the pipeline multiple
- Sped up CycleBuilder logic a lot, addressing the non-UI root cause of #132