You often read about staging as a good practice (like from Martin Fowler). But in practice the recommendations you receive have little to do with staging, i.e. "staging areas" in Python setuptools.
Read my full article here: http://nerdcorner.info/tales/on-staging-with-python-and-setuptools
- Package repository:
- Source distributions via
python3 setup.py sdist
- Two staging areas: staging and production
- Two Vhosts with document roots to
A deployment to either stage (ie.
staging) would require the following steps:
- Build source distribution on development machine (or any other convenient platform)
- Upload the distribution into the package repository
- Build environment and install application into companion:
- Create symbolic link to the stage's document root:
rm staging && ln -s projectA-0.4 staging