Simple PowerShell script to check whether a computer is using an Infineon TPM chip that is vulnerable to CVE-2017-15361.
- THIS MUST BE EXECUTED AS ADMINISTRATOR!!
- This script only works on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 or later releases of Windows.
The script was reused from Microsoft: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/ADV170012
More information about how you can test for the vulnerable can be found on https://www.vanstechelman.eu/content/testing-for-impact-of-infineons-vulnerable-rsa-generation-cve-2017-15361
Note: if the script doesn't work at first, you can try modifying the Windows PowerShell Script Execution Policy:
- To view which Powershell Execution Policy is currently applied, execute
- To change the Powershell Execution Policy to unrestricted, execute
- To rollback and reset the policy to initial value, execute