- a model-based, database access wrapper for JDBC
- for modest database schemas and basic statement generation
- for those who want to write code, instead of SQL, using IDE completion and compile-time type-safety
- small (125KB) with no runtime dependencies
- pronounced icicle (although it could be French: ici ql - here query language)
- a friendly fork of the H2 JaQu project
iciql is not...
- a complete alternative to JDBC
- designed to compete with more powerful database query tools like jOOQ or Querydsl
- designed to compete with enterprise ORM tools like Hibernate or mybatis
Supported Databases (Unit-Tested)
Support for others is possible and may only require creating a simple "dialect" class.
iciql is distributed under the terms of the Apache Software Foundation license, version 2.0.
The text of the license is included in the file LICENSE in the root of the project.
Java Runtime Requirement
iciql requires a Java 6 Runtime Environment (JRE) or a Java 6 Development Kit (JDK).
Eclipse is recommended for development as the project settings are preconfigured.
- Import the iciql project into your Eclipse workspace.
There will be lots of build errors.
- Using Ant, execute the
build.xmlscript in the project root.
This will download all necessary build dependencies.
- Select your iciql project root and Refresh the project, this should correct all build problems.